On the job education and training. Providing opportunities to gain experience in the field of study. Performs assignments with standardized processes. Works under direct supervision. Resolves questions and problems within established standards and guidelines. Follows established procedures to accomplish requirements of job.
- Files, sorts and arranges documents, correspondence or other materials.
- Assists the department and members by providing directions, instructions and responses to routine inquiries.
- prepare or draft letters, reports, letters, vouchers, receipts, permits, lists, schedules, etc.
- Assists skilled craft workers in a variety of maintenance, repair, or construction work by furnishing and using simple tools, material and supplies.
- May assemble tools, supplies, materials, and equipment and assists in maintaining them in serviceable condition.
- Cleans work area machines
- Operates machines and equipment.
- Prepares simple reports or keeps maintenance records, and other routine duties in various craft trades and other occupations.
- May drive automotive equipment to and from work sites.
- High School Diploma (or Equivalent GED).
- Currently pursuing an Associate in Applied Science degree, specializing in High Voltage Lineman at OSU IT/OKC.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout the organization and outside professionals.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to diagnose problems, determine nature, symptoms and causes of trouble from evidence available and take corrective action or communicates symptoms to others.
- Ability to effectively use a personal computer with MS Office Suite and related applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and SAP).
- Strong team skills.
- May Require to travel to various job sites and facilities occasionally requiring staying overnight.
- May Require to work overtime as needed.
- Required to work in both an office environment and outside weather conditions.
- **Physical Demands**
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing up to 115 pounds of force.
- Pulling up to 83 pounds of force.
- Prolonged walking with frequent stair climbing.
- Prolonged standing on various surfaces.
- Frequent stooping and crouching.
- Occasional kneeling and crawling.
- Constant fine motor coordination and grasping.
- Frequent work in awkward positions in confined spaces.
- Frequent reaching overhead and reaching forward.
- Occasional pole climbing.
- For additional information about physical demands, go to oge.com/physicaldemands
Special Safety Requirements:
- This position is a classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under state law. Individuals in this position are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.’s Drug Testing Plan.