North Range Behavioral Health can offer bilingual (English/Spanish) students pursuing a Master’s degree an opportunity to apply academic knowledge in a practical learning environment through a volunteer (unpaid) internship placement within a behavioral and medical integrated care program. Supervision is provided by qualified personnel who will ensure that students are exposed to activities and events that promote skill and knowledge development in behavioral health services. Placement is available for Spring and/or Summer 2021.
North Range Behavioral Health – Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
North Range DOES NOT accept students for Practicum placement only. You must also commit to completing your internship requirements with the same program to be considered for practicum placement. For clinical placements, we place students for two (2) consecutive semesters, in the best interest of our clientele.
Location: Greeley, CO
- Master level intern for Spring/Summer; #2340
Integrated Care services allow behavioral health providers to offer consultations, education, and training to medical and educational providers to improve the knowledge and comfort in recognizing, assessing, and treating behavioral health needs that do not require specialty care. North Range has taken an active role in advancing the integration of behavioral health with physical health care through their collaboration with Sunrise Community Health Center. North Range recognizes that wellness is based on the interconnection between physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health and approaches individuals with each of these components in mind. Integrated Care allows for better continuity of care by improved communication and care coordination between primary care and behavioral health providers.
- Learn about systems of care that integrate medical and behavioral interventions.
- Exposure to group interventions (i.e. chronic pain group).
- Shadow behavioral health staff as they respond to Primary Care Physician (PCP) consultation requests.
- Perform outreach and follow-up with patients; complete anxiety and depression screens using specific tools.
- Provide brief psychoeducation and refer patients for ongoing therapy.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a Master level program at an accredited university or college
- Be in good standing with the university/college
- Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen
North Range Behavioral Health provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our volunteer interns as an extension of the academic environment to assist them in their professional development.
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
If you’re driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply for an internship at North Range Behavioral Health. North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.