The Banking Group is comprised of a number of industry groups, which work closely with product team members in Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Capital Markets, Real Estate, and other industry groups throughout the Firm to provide relevant market insight, product creativity, and execution expertise to clients. These solutions include initial public offerings; public and private equity and equity-linked financings; mergers, acquisitions and restructurings; defense advisory assignments; strategic partnerships; public and private debt placements; share repurchases; and hedging, swaps and derivative transactions.
Our Healthcare Investment Banking Group is looking for an Analyst to join our West Coast team based in San Francisco. The team covers a wide variety of innovative clients in various healthcare and life sciences sub sectors, including biotechnology, medical technology, life sciences tools, diagnostics, specialty pharma and technology enabled healthcare. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with these regional and international clients on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, and defenses against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategic advisory assignments and executions of public, including Initial Public Offerings, and private capital markets transactions.
- Superior valuation skills
- Comfortable reading and interpreting financial statements
- Extraordinarily high level of motivation and commitment to working hard
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial instinct and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- High level of focus and attention to detail
- Top education credentials
- Interest in developing a career in investment banking
- Series licensing or must obtain
- 1 year of investment banking or capital markets experience required