Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
This position is part of the Digital Workplace organization at Sherwin Williams. The ultimate goal of this team, and this position, is to provide digital capabilities for our employees worldwide to help improve their and their team’s efficiency, productivity and engagement, by making it easier for them to automate and improve their businesses processes, and more effectively communicate and collaborate with their colleagues & external partners.
This role requires a strong background of IT architecture, and a deep understanding of functional business operations, with the ability to see how one impacts the other. The ability to communicate and evangelize change effectively, while working closely with the business and other IT groups to coordinate architecture and design changes and implementations is a key requirement of this role.
Strategy & Planning
- Define and deliver the Automation strategy and drive RPA related initiatives projects across the business.
- Influence and drive an innovation mindset for the organization to support acceleration and digital transformation initiatives.
- Lead the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the Business executive team including strategic (2-3 year) planning for Corporate IT organization.
- Work closely with the relevant IT forums to ensure external stakeholders are aware of what is happening with our automation strategy and to ensure that we are aligned to overall group strategy.
- Define execution strategy to identify opportunities where automation can drive benefits and efficiencies for the business.
- Help to define business requirements for complex systems development – from both functional and non-functional perspectives (i.e. concept of operations, performance, test, cost, schedule, training, support and disposal).
- Establish and maintain relationships with peer companies to leverage experiences, successes, and setbacks.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in the current releases of relevant software.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Lead technology life-cycle projects including technology evaluation, selection, implementation, support, and retirement/replacement.
- Implement, design and ensure on-time & on budget delivery of Sherwin’s automation platforms and related technologies .
- Acquire qualified and productive talent.
- Evaluate and propose new and emerging technologies.
- Effective team management to deliver on execution of RPA Function and drive change.
- Chart and implement customer journeys from an existing initial implementation to a robust scalable model.
- Deliver concept presentations to business stakeholders.
- Prioritize demand and mature ROI and reporting baseline & target KPIs.
- Manage operational costs, conduct near and long-term financial forecasts on a project by project basis.
- Direct, delegate, empower, and motivate staff to successfully accomplish objectives, meet responsibilities, and complete tasks ensuring operational and support needs are maintained
- Cultivate development of team’s cross-functional and collaborative capabilities.
- Create and maintain development plans for each team member, including training, skills assessment, career planning, and goal planning.
- Ensure a detailed succession plan is in place for both individuals and skills to ensure sufficient staff depth is in place to meet the needs of the business.
- Train and share knowledge with development teams in cross functional capacities.
- Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- On-boarding and off-boarding contractors and other temporary staff as needed.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Minimal travel is required, but may be required to travel internationally.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years of IT or Business experience.
- 4+ years of supervisory experience or leading team-based activities required.
- Experience in working with customers to build and formulate business requirements, and re-engineer business processes required.
- 2+ years experience working with RPA or in a Workflow/Automation capacity required.
- 2+ years of experience implementing and managing global/enterprise solutions required.
- 5+ years of programming experience (.NET, Java etc.) preferred.
- 2+ years experience leading global IT projects/programs, preferred.
- Experience presenting solutions to senior management preferred.
- Familiarity with budget planning and preparation, preferred.
- Seeking a dynamic leadership style that is focused on influencing and driving transformational change while motivating others.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally focused multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and comfort in presenting to large audiences and senior leadership.
- Continuous learner of new concepts, ideas, and technologies.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
- Support a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.