Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Junior Java Developer is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software in a service-provider environment that supports company business strategies and objectives. This position is considered an entry-level Java developer for The Americas Group and will have novice technical skills. The Junior Java Developer will act as a technical resource, participating in the successful design, development, unit testing, and implementation of applications. This position will perform developer functions for The Americas Group (TAG) IT Department, to develop and support new and existing Paint Stores Group Credit/Customer Application
- Actively working to obtain a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems.
- Gather business requirements for proposed applications.
- Perform programming assignments based upon established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Design application and database components for small-sized development projects.
- Code application programs, prepare test data and conduct tests to verify correct program functionality, reliability and data integrity.
- Maintain and modify applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for application problems and issues.
- Provide user and system documentation for operational and technical support.
- Assist in the discovery and investigation of production problems as required.
- Project task management and reporting as necessary.
- Research new development tools and technologies.
- Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Minimal travel, up to 5%, may be required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
- Associate Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- 0-1 year IT experience.
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Competent in verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Willingness to contribute time and effort to work assigned.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Motivated to learn new tools and technologies.
- Ability to organized and assist in the execution of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Preferred candidate identified for this role.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Other jobs you may like
Req ID: 100349
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Junior-Java Developer to join our team in Brighton, Massachusetts (US-MA), United States (US).
- Provide software development and maintenance support for projects working with the Business Unit and the Operations Support department
- Responsible for supporting implementation projects
- Provides application support for appropriate platform, and may serve as on-call resource to support the organization’s service and escalation model
- Supports all phases of testing leading to implementation
- Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a project and multiple projects.
- Create or contribute to technical project documentation
-2 year Java/J2EE – Core Java
- 1 year JAVA Framework-Spring
- 1 years Cloud Dev and Migration-AWS-Analytics/DW/Redshift
- Understanding of the SDLC: planning, analysis, design, coding, testing, problem resolution
- Focused and driven attitude towards contributing on the creation, enhancement and delivery of complex solutions
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Other jobs you may like
Our client is a leading provider of Cloud based software as a service to clients in the healthcare industry.
This is an opportunity to join a fast growing start-up in Central London. You will help build software to aid the running of healthcare delivery. Working in a small team environment you will gain exposure to the whole software development life-cycle as well as working with BA’s and Product Owners.
- Designing new solutions
- Creating new features in Java
- Writing automated tests
- Creating user interfaces
- Develop knowledge of new technologies, such as React.js and Node.js and help bring them into the stack
- Minimum of a degree in a Computer Science or related field
- 1-2 years commercial development with Java or another OO language
- To be familiar with practices such as Agile, TDD and CICD
- Team worker
- Excellent verbal skills, and to be comfortable explaining technology to a non-technical audience
- Regular salary reviews
- Wellness budget
- Share option scheme
- Lots of autonomy
Job Owner: c.rogers (28747)
Other jobs you may like
Contract: 6 months with a view to extend
One of my favourite clients is on the hunt for 2-3 Junior Java Developers to join their growing team. If you’re looking for an opportunity that will invest in you and give you your chance to shine, then this is the role for you. You will gain exposure to an enterprise financial organisation, work amongst their teams, be heavily involved with their tech and see the decision making processes.
Working on an enterprise API platform build, sitting across multiple teams, ideally you’ll be super inquisitive and hungry to learn new technologies, looking for candidates who have all-round experience in API, Java development but a proven background in:
- Java API development: RESTful APIs, Microservices and Unit Testing
- API Gateway
- Build or manager Docker containers
- CI CD: Bamboo or Jenkins
- Python experience
- Automated functional testing: Postman, SOAP UI, LISA
If this sounds like you, get in touch asap – looking at interviewing early next week.
Other jobs you may like
What you’ll be doing…
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work fairly independently on more complex operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult or infrequent.
Identifying and aligning project requirements and conducting impact analyses.
Working closely with the business team,third party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
Performing hands-on coding work on projects to introduce new modular, reusable Service/API or enhancing the existing ones.
Performing engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of systems related to Network provisioning for L1/L2/L3.
What we’re looking for…
You enjoy using your analytical mind to solve complex problems. You’re great at working in teams and can use your strong communication skills to get your point across. You get to find solutions to meet defined requirements in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll need to have:
Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
Experience developing Java/J2ee web applications and Web Services.
Experience developing Spring boot applications, Microservices
Knowledge of SDLC and Agile Development.
Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
Strong database developer skills including Stored Procedures for Oracle, as well as Oracle PL/SQL and PostGreSQL.
Knowledge with UNIX/Linux with UNIX scripting/Python.
Knowledge of Node.js, Angular JS, Spring, Apache Ignite, Docker.
Knowledge of DevOps tools including JIRA, Git/Stash, Confluence, Jenkins.
Experience with cloud environments AWS, PCF, K8S, etc.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.