Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and a part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. Broadridge provides an important infrastructure that powers the financial services industry and employs over 11,000 associates in 18 countries. For more information about Broadridge, please visit Broadridge.com/.
Are you seeking an innovative, forward thinking opportunity to learn and grow with a dynamic team? If you are looking for a chance to drive the future of this growing multifaceted IT development organization? We’d love to hear from you.
You would have the chance to develop specifications for moderately sophisticated software programming applications and modifies and/or maintains the existing software. We would develop, modify and maintain applications that may be customized or standardized. We would also get to participate in design and coding activities with other employees.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Designs and/or codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications independently and under the direction from supervisor.
- Performs maintenance programming for existing version(s). Performs customized programming at customer’s request.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing data architecture for product.
- Ensures the integrity of the system at all times including data integrity when developing, maintaining or enhancing applications.
- Keeps technically current on each upgrade; read technical manuals and journals; subscribes to internet list servers.
- Participates in night support;
- Participates in the design of software modifications or improvements.
- Keeps the supervisor apprised of any problems or schedule slips as soon as they are apparent.
Experience, Proficiencies and Education
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics or technically related field or equivalent related work experience (0-2 years).
- Previous brokerage industry experience and business knowledge helpful.
- Creative, self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Ability to optimal communicate technical concepts to other technical employees.
- Ability to interface well with non-technical employees
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Required: C# and C++
- Desired: SQL, Oracle, and/or Microsoft Visual Studio
American with disability specifications
- Physical Demands: sitting for long periods of time at a computer
- Work Environment: traditional office environment
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. “Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.” US applicants: Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling 888-237-7769 or by sending an email to [email protected]