Are you an experienced Junior Software Engineer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? Join our fast growing team supporting leading Aerospace companies! If you are a highly-motivated individual, a self- starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a genuine interest in technology, we have the perfect job for you! We are seeking an entry level Software Engineer to work with our development team in order to deliver the best software solutions to our network of customers.
Who is QuEST?
Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We aren’t consultants. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 11,000 problem solvers from 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but rather, we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the engineering services industry.
The Digital Solutions Team
We are a newly formed and fast-growing team with ambition, excitement, and a will to innovate. Digital Solutions is on the front lines of exciting new business opportunities for QuEST, and our valuable skillsets fuel important company initiatives. We value employee satisfaction and work-life balance, and our team policies reflect that. For employees seeking new challenges, we also provide ample opportunity to rise above expectations and take on additional responsibilities.
We are seeking a full time Junior Software Engineer who will design, develop, implement, and maintain software solutions as required to meet the needs of our customers and achieve business goals. You will typically operate as part of a development project team, exercising autonomy as a unified group. You will work with Senior Software Engineers & Technical Leads to implement and review test plans, data, and reports to ensure product(s) complies with requirements. You may at times be involved with multiple projects across all phases of development, and as a result, you can expect plenty of variety and a well-rounded workload.
We just crossed the 21-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call intrapreneurial. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay happy and healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Not everyone is a great fit. We will throw you into the deep end, with plenty of support to help you swim. We’re not a place where laziness, ego, or rigid thinking fit in, and that’s intentional. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. We accelerate success; you control the throttle and hold the yoke.
- Development/design of web and desktop applications
- Development/design of SharePoint sites & content
- Development/design of Qlik Visualization Content
- Development/design on AgilePoint Platform
- Interact with customers and transpose requirements in to technical designs
- Develop design documents, project documentation, release documents, and technical procedural documentation
- Work within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Present work to customers at Product Reviews
- Promote a Scrum/Agile working environment
- Interface with other QuEST departments to achieve cross functional goals
- Contribute to scrum meetings, project kickoffs, etc.
- Keep informed with Scrum/Agile best practices and new trends; continuous improvement
- Schedule is 8:30-5 Monday-Friday, with some flexibility
- B.S. in computer science with 0-2 years’ experience, or other relevant experience
- Previous working experience as a Junior Software Engineer/Full Stack Developer
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles (Scrum certification is a plus)
Experience with Object-Oriented Programming & Relational Databases
- Knowledge of development and design of web and desktop applications
- Knowledge of machine learning and data science
- Knowledge of web frameworks like Flask and Rails
- A keen eye for design and quality of user experience
- Experience using dev/build tools such as Git
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytic skills including Root Cause Analysis a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt as circumstances change
- Ability to efficiently prioritize competing tasks and opportunities
- Motivation to work in a fast paced, creative environment
- Appreciation for people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- US Citizenship or Green Card required
Location: Windsor, CT
Travel: Up to 25% (if needed)
Compensation type: Salary
Reports to: Team Lead
Contact: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
- Long term Contract
- Multiple roles available
- Willingness to upgrade to a TSPV clearance
Are you a Junior Software Developer interested in long term, exciting and challenging contract roles? Do you enjoy working in a Federal Government environment? Are you an Australian Citizen with the ability to upgrade your security clearance to a TSPV?
Compas‘ Federal Government client is presently seeking multiple Junior Software Developers that are willing to undertake a TSPV clearance process for long term contract roles. To be suitable for this role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Contributes to activities for planning, development, enhancement and implementation of discrete phases and/or projects and systems.
- Supports continuous integration & delivery practices using GitLab, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Jira & Confluence
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of documentation to support the ongoing sustainment of applications and systems.
- Participates in building and sustaining stakeholder engagement, including being able to communicate with influence and negotiate effectively.
- Interprets and ensures compliance with legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks.
- Minimum 3 year’s Software Developer experience
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT or Computer Science
For your knowledge, the TSPV clearance is a very long and invasive process, however, once you have it, the opportunities you can consider shall be long term, ongoing and extremely interesting – it shall open opportunities that only a very select few shall have access to.
To register interest and obtain further information about the roles, process and organisation, either contact one of our Compas team members on 02 6230 0233 or send your CV by following the link below.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE TREATED WITH THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE
Compas Pty Ltd is a Canberra based wholly Australian owned, medium-sized Information Technology Services Company since 1987. We specialise in the provision of permanent, contract and temporary recruitment services.
Other jobs you may like
One Company…Many Careers!
A Day In The Life Of A Junior Software Developer – req13307
Our Enterprise Technology Department is seeking a Junior Software Developer to work on our Public Cloud Adoption Team (PCAT). Not just any software developer, but a builder who wants to be a part of a seismic movement towards public cloud within State Farm. This creative and passionate developer will have liberty to innovate and develop AWS automation with a focus centered on cost optimization. You will be engaging with PCAT consumers helping them with their AWS journey. In addition, you’ll be exposed to all facets of enabling public cloud!
PCAT does way more than enabling cloud infrastructure. We provide AWS financial oversight, cost avoidance patterns, and serve as an influence agent for all Public Cloud consumers. It places a large focus on cost optimization/avoidance automation intended to illustrate and alleviate unnecessary Public Cloud expenditures. Tremendous importance is placed on exhibiting financial management across the Public Cloud. If you want to be a part of something special that has exposure galore and provides you great freedom to build innovative solutions, this is just the spot for you! State Farm is an absolutely incredible organization and offers unbelievable technology opportunities!
Office Location (Tempe, AZ) …where we work hard AND play hard!
Our Marina Heights Campus is conveniently located on Tempe Town Lake with close proximity to Transit & Downtown Tempe.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Proficient with using Git and executing CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge working with various database technologies
- Experience with using test automation to ensure quality built software
- Passion for using data to tell a story
- Experience deploying and managing platform infrastructure (compute, network, storage)
- General understanding of public cloud architectures and technologies
- Existing, or highly driven to acquire cloud development skills (AWS, Terraform)
- AWS working knowledge (e.g. DynamoDB, Athena, QuickSight)
- Database management
- Big data analytics
- Any finance/accounting related experience
- Exposure and understanding of DevOps principles
- Relationship building
- Strong verbal and written communications
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential!
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401K Plan!
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!
Other jobs you may like
iFLY is an organization that has PASSION for EXCELLENCE and INNOVATION. We live and breathe our values in everything we do and in every decision we make. As a member of iFLY’s team, you aren’t an employee, you are a TEAM MEMBER. You will be expected to contribute your talents and energies to make what is already great about iFLY even better and available to more people.
iFLY is seeking a Junior Software Developer to join our team. As the Junior Software Developer at iFLY you’ll be contributing in all aspects of code development. You’ll help to architect, implement, deploy, and support full stack solutions across a wide range of deployed locations including iFLY tunnels, colocation center, and AWS. The software solutions you’ll be working on include a wide range of topics from online booking, customer media and waivers, and tools for tunnel staff and business partners to empower the gift of flight.
This is one of those rare opportunities for you to join an already successful company with a passion for innovation, but where you will have the latitude to identify, develop and bring resolutions as a valuable member of the IT/Technology Team.
What you’ll do:
- To learn and develop full stack solutions in PHP, Angular, React and C# applications
- To learn and assist with DevOps activities in both AWS and Colocation environments
- Work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders to investigate issues, gather requirements, and implement solutions
- Participate in validation, testing, and documentation of product releases
- Be available to resolve production outages on nights and weekends to keep critical systems operational
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Kanban
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or other related areas
- Communication skills in both written and verbal communication
- Strong motivation to learn existing code solutions, and to help improve them
- Knowledge of PHP and C# or related languages that are comparable
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the following technologies is a plus:
- MSSql / MySql
- OpenID Connect / OAuth 0
- Package Management (Nuget / NPM)
- Swagger (Swashbuckle / AutoRest)
- SOAP and REST API Integrations
- Memcached / Redis
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Extraordinary work environment – work remote
- Frequent company update with your leadership team
- Free Flight time and more!
Why join us:
Why work at iFLY?
Around the globe, billions of people have looked skyward and dreamt of flying. It’s a timeless dream shared by people of all ages, regardless of country, culture, language, or belief system. At iFLY, we have the unique ability to turn that dream into reality. It’s an awesome privilege and delivering it is our collective passion.
If working in an exciting, dynamic and cooperative environment and bringing joy to kids of all ages motivates you, then working at iFLY is for you. We hire people who want to work for a values-driven company; people who strive for excellence; people who value excellence; people who are committed; people who love people!
- Honesty, integrity, loyalty, generosity, tolerance, compassion, confidence, humility, and inclusion.
- Balance between self, family, team and community
- Flexibility, variety, challenge, adventure, and camaraderie
We Respect, know, trust and value each other, putting people before process and process before results.
We Think like champions, and we are internally driven to learn and improve. We view problems as opportunities, taking responsibility and welcoming change.
Together we will build and run a world-class Company that challenges each of us to achieve our full potential while meeting our material needs and sharing the results of the enterprise.
To deliver the dream of flight to everyone….
Choose to fly!
Other jobs you may like
We are a people business – where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. Call Recruitment on 01752 432100. If you find applying Online difficult due to a disability please contact us.
We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission. We commit to giving this full consideration in each case.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Providing false information is an offence & could result in the application being rejected or summary dismissal/police action if an applicant is successful.
Junior Software Developer
37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Band 5 – Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Software Developer to join the development team at University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an established team on healthcare business solutions which drive improved efficiency and transformation within a hospital. You will also assist in the support and enhancements of existing Trust in-house applications (e.g. bed management, clinical photography, and electronic discharge).
This is a fantastic opportunity for emerging developers to gain experience in the NHS, as well as enterprise level software development. You will contribute to all aspects of the design and development process and where you can be influential in driving the ambitions of the team and the wider department.
Contact: Dominic Goldsworthy-Slatford, [email protected]
***Preference will be given to internal Trust staff, as well as ‘Priority’ and ‘At Risk’ status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon who are able to display recent relevant experience as dictated by the Person Specification.***
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults. Many of our posts are subject to Disclosure & Barring Service check (DBS). A copy of the DBS Code of Practice is available on request. Should the position that you are applying for be subject to a DBS check, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust will fund the cost* of your DBS check application. Should you decide to voluntarily resign from the Trust within two years from the start date of employment, you will be asked to meet the cost* of the original DBS application, which will be reclaimed from your last month’s salary. *Current cost of an enhanced DBS is £40.00 per application.
All Applicants are required to detail referees on their application form covering the current & previous 3 years of Employment / Unemployment history.
Please note that if you are successful in your application & accept the position you agree that the Staff Health and Wellbeing Department can access your health records from your current/previous employer in order to check the status of your inoculations & screening tests. This is an automated process & the information will only be used for these purposes prior to your taking up the position with us.
Please review our GDPR Privacy Notice prior to applying – available under Further Links
Our organisation is Disability Confident and we are committed to providing a supportive workplace including use of the NHS Health Passport to enable colleagues to be their best at work
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the current Resident Labour Market Test which will be in place until the end of December 2020. UK Visas and Immigration requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement.
Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks For Overseas Applicants
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
Other jobs you may like
Junior Software Developer
Huntsville, ALJoin our Talent Network
Venturi, Inc. has an excellent opportunity for a Junior Software Developer with two to five years of experience developing in C++. This individual will develop software in support of the US Army Capabilities Development Command Systems, Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (CCDC S3I). Qualified applicants should have experience with all aspects of RUP software development process including design, code development, and system-level troubleshooting. This individual will plan, project, develop and test software. Development is in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Environment using g++ compiler and gdb for debugging. Fluency with git source code repository is desired.
- Proficient in C++ or C#
- Understanding of the Linux and Microsoft windows environment Ability to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- CM repository experience preferably with GIT.
- Education Requirements:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Engineering or a related field with two to five years of software development experience.
- An interim Secret Security Clearance.
Desired Skills :
- Full Application life cycle experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Project Planner, Excel Spreadsheet, Visio, Power Point and Word.
- Experience with g++ and gdb and the full suite of command line tools on Linux as well as GIT source code control system.
Venturi, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Venturi, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Join our Talent Network
Other jobs you may like
The Junior Software Developer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems built on top of the Microsoft .Net development stack. In this crucial role, you will be involved with the development, testing, and support of a suite of applications ranging from web applications, win forms, windows services, JSON and Web API or MVC.
- Encode, test, debug and document programs/modules supporting complex EHR functionality
- Provide documentation of developed code including test scripts
- Ability to work in a close team environment with independent, accountable tasks with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree focused on software development
- Experience in developing EMR/EHR applications is preferred
- Experience working in a team-based, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- High level of comfort with learning, building and applying skills in technical areas
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and communication skills, with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical language and concepts to end user language and comprehension
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully across departments
- Ability to be innovative and creative in solving problems and work logically when troubleshooting and resolving issues
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the .Net framework
- ASP.NET MVC Framework required
- SQL Server
- RESTful Web Services & API Design
- SOLID object oriented design
- Mobile Web Development
If you want a career that will make a difference, choose the company that is different. NaphCare professionals aren’t just employees, but important partners of the NaphCare family, working together to provide quality care that leads to a satisfying and rewarding work environment.
NaphCare offers a competitive salary. In addition, our fulltime employees are offered a top notch benefits package, which includes payment for 90% of the total premium on behalf of our employees for their health insurance benefits, FREE prescriptions, 401(k) match, Paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Other jobs you may like
We are seeking a Junior Software Developer to join our team in St. Louis, MO. (Arnold). The Software Developer will be responsible for software development, maintenance, installation, testing, and monitoring, of a various applications associated with a production system within a large DoD organization.
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years’ work experience or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development using JAVA, PYTHON, and PHP
- Understanding of developing web based systems from dynamic results of a relational database.
- Understanding of the following interfaces and formats: REST, XML, JSON, SOAP and OGC.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a large program with a DoD customer.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible configuration management.
- Experience working software though DevSecOps Pipeline
- Desire experience with cloud technologies i.e. AWS
- Desire PaaS experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or OpenShift technology
Preferred Skills and Education
- MBA, MS, or MA degree in an associated technical discipline or years of equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Software Engineering, software development, systems testing, or systems administration.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.