How will you make an impact?
In this key and highly visible role, you will provide administrative support to the Site Director of Operations as well as to other members of the site Leadership Team. You will use professionalism, discretion, and diplomacy while working with stakeholders across the company.
What will you do?
- Provide strong administrative support to the Site Director and site Leadership Team.
- On behalf of Site Management and HR, will organize and coordinate meetings (both on and off site); makes reservations and catering arrangements, prepares employee notifications and session schedule, prepares presentations, orders gifts if necessary, attends meetings and types minutes as required.
- Assist with the coordination of employee training across the site.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and make recommendations for all aspects of the New Hire Orientation process. This includes schedule preparation, material preparation, and presentation delivery.
- Manage, organize, and/or complete projects for HR and Site Management, i.e. event planning – town halls, service awards, corporate visitors.
- Manage the flow of communication to site via email announcements, and communication boards.
How will you get there?
Associates Degree in Business, Finance or English is required.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years of Administrative Assistant experience, supporting a functional business leader.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and creatively to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience in the Microsoft Office Suite of software applications (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must type 60 w.p.m. and possess excellent business writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.