- The Lead Data Architect is responsible for developing blueprints for all data repositories, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
- Translates business needs into long-term data architecture solutions.
- Defines, designs and builds dimensional database schemas.
- Evaluates reusability of current data for separate analyses.
- Conducts data sheering to rid the system of old, unused or duplicate data.
- Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
Our Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position
40-60% Design data repositories, evaluate platforms and integrate systems
- Perform regular reviews of existing data architecture
- Understand business purpose of data in order to provide optimal repositories/architecture to enable long term value to the enterprise
- Create/design data repositories and dimensional database schemas to optimize use of data by applications, APIs, processes, analytics/reporting tools and data science tools
- Evaluate current data architecture for suitability to solve new business challenges
- Recommend when new data architecture is needed to optimize platform capabilities and better meet current/future business needs, including scalability and performance for modern applications architectures such as micro-services.
- Design data architecture to maximize effectiveness of Better Health, Better Care and Better Value along with any future platforms implemented by the enterprise
- Research new products/services to determine usefulness and compatibility with an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies that meet business goals
- Modify specifications of implemented/planned architecture as needed
- Plan data archival and retention for transactional systems to ensure operability in long term
40-60% Develop IT Data Architecture Solutions
- Develop specifications for new recommended/accepted IT products/services, applications and service offerings
- Make decisions regarding new IT products/services, applications and service offerings that are diverse in scope and complex in nature
- Advise executives about functional data architecture strategies that will deliver significant benefit in achieving company goals
- Build data repositories and dimensional database schemas to be utilized by applications, APIs, processes, analytics/reporting tools and data science tools
- Perform, collaborate and coordinate work across teams to insure additions and changes to data architecture are implemented successfully
- Ensure that data architecture documentation is kept up to date, shared with the Enterprise Architecture and Software Engineering teams.
- Actively collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and Software Engineering teams to ensure that data is used effectively deliver value to the enterprise.
- Contribute to system disaster recovery planning, documentation and execution
- Provide after-hours support related to updating data architecture as needed
- Use data monitoring tools to detect data access performance bottlenecks, and create and execute plans to resolve them
- Eight or more years of relevant information experience
- Two or more years of project management experience
- Experience with Operational Data Integration for real-time APIs and Big Data Integration & Analytics
- Experience with modern data architecture tools
- Bachelor’s degree, technical area preferred or technical training equivalent (Master’s Degree desired)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with MS SQL, Data Modeling, SSIS and application development
- Ability to work well in a team development setting
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the year to Humana’s offices located in Louisville, KY
- If offered a position with Humana Government Business you would be required to go through the eQIP process to obtain Government Security Clearance to work on government systems
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. citizenship
Work at Home Requirements
- Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10×1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
- Healthcare related experience
- Experience with Microsoft .NET technologies
- Experience with Azure or other cloud computing platform
- Experience with NoSQL and Data Fabric
Scheduled Weekly Hours