Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Every day at PayPal, we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact. We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just cannot find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global marketplace. The Site Coach role will support business units in promoting, consulting and delivering as support partner our GLs and TLs in developing their leadership and coaching effectiveness. This role will serve as the point person to promote and build leadership effectiveness strategies across GCO (Global Customer Operations) aligning to business objectives, promote behavioral based coaching using the QBBC coaching model including Situation and Trend Based coaching within the sites as well as enable the delivery of leadership workshops for leaders. The Site Coach will work with appropriate site and functional leaders to ensure effective coaching rhythms and key leadership development activities to build success for all areas of leadership effectiveness that leads to improved KPI results. The role serves as a cultural change leader for business units supported. This role will enable adaptability to meet leader needs and can effectively influence individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Creates and enables capability across the business and partners with line leaders to enable them as coaches.
- Works with local leaders to ensure objectives are aligned to and achieved through coaching strategies and interventions.
- Setting up and conducting scheduled Coach the Coach sessions with TL’s & GL’s, conducting a minimum of two ‘Coach the Coach’ sessions with each TL per month and a minimum of one ‘Coach the Coach’ session with each GL per month.
- Implementing and reinforcing behavioral based coaching through coaching observations (Situation and Trend based), leading/observing coach the coach sessions and focusing on leadership development through coaching
- Documenting coaching sessions and providing feedback to the coachee and leader
- Ensuring TL’s and GL’s are following current coaching processes (situational and trend based coaching) effectively in their interactions
- Assisting TL’s and GL’s in developing various coaching strategies for high, medium, and low performers
- Collaborating with Leadership Effectiveness and Global Site Coach Leader to identify and support TL and GL’s learning opportunities
- Equipping TLs and GL’s with the soft skills and tools needed to be successful in their coaching sessions (communication, feedback, questioning techniques, goal setting, etc.)
- Facilitating 1 – 2 Leadership Development Workshops per month and evaluating the effectiveness of interventions deployed
- Partnering with Leadership Effectiveness and Training to facilitate QBBC curriculum and for onboarding leaders as well as Phase 2 and 3 QBBC follow up sessions
- Serving as a SME to guide TLs and GLs to enable conducting effective coach the coach sessions
- Engaging in relevant activities to support project initiatives
- Understanding how TL’s and GL’s can be successful in driving results though effective leadership and coaching opportunities that are aligned to GCO strategies and site specific opportunities and goals
- Identifying and sharing best practices with leaders, partners, and peers and other Site Coaches to improve leader effectiveness, the customer experience, and KPI results.
- Conducting coaching and service skill gap assessments by providing feedback and recommendations to the site leadership and the Leadership Effectiveness teams on soft skill training needs
- Ensuring adherence with defined Quality management and assessment approach
- Maintaining the Coaching Scorecards and providing monthly performance updates and recommendations
- Working with Leaders and Leadership Effectiveness to emphasize the importance of customer loyalty and quality customer experience service delivery with the teammate
- Providing insights to help PayPal improve the customer experience
- Identifies and understands any trends or gaps in the business and supports any action or interventions to support gaps
- Partnering with site leadership on developmental opportunities identified through IMPACT, Competency Assessments, Focus Groups that are related to leadership effectiveness
- Serving as the liaison for coaching and reporting back to Leadership Effectiveness and Site Coach leaders.
- Conducting focus groups with the TLs and GL’s to share best practices and identify where leaders/teammates require support
- Participating in calibration sessions to drive consistency of customer experiences
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Work is generally self-directed and is guided by workflow and project requirements. Review is normally after the fact and may be developmental in nature.
- Works on assignments of intermediate complexity and requires a working knowledge of both the theoretical principles of the primary business discipline, and of departmental work processes, procedures, policies and standards.
- Participates in the formulations and implementation of departmental processes, procedures, policies and standards.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results on matters of significance to the business.
- Presentation skills, communicates effectively in large or small group settings.
- Possesses business awareness, understands current and possible future business trends and information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Leadership experience preferred
- Industry Standard Coaching Qualification preferred
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.