Northrop Grumman is seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience OR Master’s degree and 0 years of experience OR Associate’s degree and 4 years of experience; 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Current Security+ CE, CISSP, CASP, or similar certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
- Active DoD Secret clearance and ability to maintain an active clearance.
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
- Experience with Linux OS.
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Red Hat certification for current version.
- Experience installing and maintaining Linux servers and workstations in a LAN/WAN environment.
- VMWare experience with current version.
- Windows Server, AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
- Rudimentary Scripting experience.
- Experience with creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.