More About the Role:
The NGEN-R SMIT NMCI Global Logistics team has openings for Asset Management Specialists (AMS) to oversee and conduct the management of IT assets across the Continental US, Alaska, and Hawaii.
This position focuses on the tracking and control of service assets in the IT infrastructure and collaborates with configuration analysts to train Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM) staff in SACM principles, processes, and procedures. The AMS supports the creation of the SACM process, activities, and procedures to include configuration item registration procedures, access controls, and privileges. The AMS will ensure the correct roles and responsibilities are defined in the SACM plan/procedures. AMSs will assist with procurement of IT assets when requested and will work with other SACM roles to tag and track all IT assets and to identify their locations and owners.
Additional tasking for AMSs may include:
- Receiving IT assets and ensuring delivery to correct locations, and coordinating IT asset setup and teardown activities when requested.
- Proposing/concurring with the SACM Manager on CIs to be uniquely identified with naming conventions.
- Ensuring developers and configuration system users comply with identification standards. Liaises with Configuration Librarian on population of asset and configuration management system (CMS).
- Performing configuration audits to ensure physical inventory is consistent with the configuration management database (CMDB)/CMS, initiating corrective action through Change Control.
- Accepting baselined products from third parties for distribution.
- Building system baselines for promotion and release.
- Maintaining project status information and status accounting records and reports.
- Assisting SACM Manager(s) in report definition as required.
- Maintaining and reconciling databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization’s hardware and software.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Development of Asset Management Implementation Plans and Reports.
- Ensuring accuracy of data within Asset Management Database (Hardware and Software).
- Integration and tracking of Asset Management and Configuration Management data.
- Establishing schedules for and conducting Monthly Inventories.
- Supporting scheduled and ad hoc Asset Management System Audits and reconciliation of errors.
- Coordinating with functional teams for Integration of Asset Management disciplines within workflows.
- Shipping and receiving of assets.
- Coordination with procurement for repair and maintenance of equipment and renewal of Software Licenses.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- High School Diploma and 1–3 years of prior relevant experience.
- One (1) year of experience using DoD Logistics and Asset Management System (e.g., Remedy, DPAS, GCSS-MC).
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with “HP Asset Manager” software.
- Experience with FAR/DFAR Government Property Management requirements.
- Experience with Government asset management system (DPAS or GCSS-MC).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.