WHO WE ARE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Within Global Markets, the Emission Markets team acts as product sponsor and centre of competence for Regulated and Voluntary Emission Markets , the latter is is relatively new and fast growing area of the commodity markets This is a significant focus for our management, who have identified sustainability as a key driver of the business of CIB.
We are looking to recruit an intern, who would support the team in fulfilling its principal responsibilities, which are
o Expand Emission reduction project portfolio
o Preparation of marketing material and presentations to coverage and clients
o Internal awareness raising
o Mapping of the voluntary emission client prospect
o Assist Product Innovation structuring
o Assist preparing required documentation for transaction approval
o Market Intelligence on Carbon Sectoral Initiative
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Review, enhance and document trade processes
- Assist in the preparation and updating of pitch material
- identifying opportunities through review of appropriate sources (Academic Reports ; environmental press and publications; )
- assisting with transaction preparation, launch and execution
- keeping abreast of regulatory, legal and market developments
- An interest in sustainability and Emission Markets
I n particular Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts
- Capability to manage high volume databases, including strong Excel skills
- Effective communicator
- Multi tasker
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
- Experience in Banking is strongly preferred
- Language skills: English (fluency required), Foreign language (strongly recommended, French German or Italian are a plus)
- 6 month extendible sustainability
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues