We have a huge operations with 411 rooms, 13 conference and event spaces, spa, club lounge and restaurants. Being a hotel we are open 24/7, which means at times it can be tricky to find time to get the bigger tasks completed in and around operations.
With this in mind we are looking for a responsible maintenance technician who will assist with the overnight projects as well as general maintenance requests.
Our Engineering Team
Reporting to our Chief Engineer, you will join a team of 12 including duty handy persons, painters, an electrician and a refrigeration specialist.
Cordis, Auckland will continue leading the hospitality market – there is plenty happening, it’s an exciting time to be on board. Did you hear we’re building 250 more rooms??? WOW!!
Learn more at http://www.cordishotels.com/en/auckland/
The goal of this role is to ensure the building, surrounds, plant, machinery and equipment is maintained and operates at the most effective and productive standard possible
- Apply strong trade skills and mechanical engineering experience to ensure hotel standards are met or exceeded.
- Coordinate and complete allocated tasks and assignments to a high workmanship standard in a timely manner with guest requests taking priority
- Monitor and contribute to ensure health and safety in the workplace
- Follow and implement new processes as well as make suggestions to be better every day
- Reporting through Building Maintenance software to monitor the running and potential faults with Boilers, Chillers, domestic water and AHU’s
- Complete The Cordis Preventative Maintenance system. Ensure daily and accurate record keeping of maintenance
- Troubleshoot and determine failures of HVAC plant
- Liaise, work with and/or supervise external stakeholders contractors, inspectors and regulators
- Work and communicate with the other expertise in the engineering team as well as the other department to ensure best service result and smooth handovers are achieved.
- Due to Covid 19 this role will have a minimum of 30 hours per week at the moment
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong trade skills and mechanical engineering experience preferred.
- Sound Health and Safety awareness and knowledge. As you will be checking machinery on your rounds
- Proven ability to work independently, problem solve and organise the work load
- Property maintenance background in a hotel, retirement village or similar.
- Knowledge of Building maintenance software
- A diploma or above in mechanical engineering or a trade would advantageous
- While you will have your specific area of expertise we are one team so are looking for someone that is happy to do lend a hand to all maintenance such as wallpapering, helping a guest with a television remote to changing a light bulb is must
- Guest focused personality that is comfortable interacting and assisting a guest
- Comfortable working mainly overnight shifts but flexible to assist with a AM or PM shift if required. Weekend availability a must.
- Delicious Duty meals while on shift
- Heavily discounted car-parking!
- Discounts on dining, accommodation, health insurance
- Free nights at our overseas hotels
- Uniform – washed and ready to wear each shift!
- A great social place to work
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.