The Manager of Academic Quality Assurance will support the strategic priorities of the College, in particular, those which refer to programmatic excellence, quality assurance, program review and academic audit.
The Manager will provide academic leadership, and continuous quality improvement to the College in planning and coordinating program enhancement initiatives, specifically for program review, implementation and compliance. The Manager will develop, implement and monitor sound academic policies and procedures related to academic quality assurance, including the integration of internal and external stakeholder feedback, articulations and pathways, and ensuring the College engages in effective program curriculum review and renewal processes.
In collaboration with other senior academic leaders, the Manger supports the planning, development and ongoing review of full-time post-secondary programs, advancing and integrating the College’s digital transformation strategy across the curriculum, ensuring compliance with external credentialing bodies and ensuring the college is prepared for audits, including the College Quality Assurance Audit Process (CQAA), related to external public sector partnerships and Ministry renewals.
The Manager will support the vision, mission, and values of triOS College while contributing to a positive, supportive and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness; embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Effectively manage direct reports to ensure an ideal balance between maximum productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Coach, provide feedback, and performance analysis for and with direct reports.
- Advances educational quality and student success by ensuring program and course delivery meets the changing needs of the College’s communities in compliance with Ministry requirements.
- Provide feedback from Program Advisory Committees to the academic development and instructional design team to support the development of defining course learning outcomes.
- Manage the program review process including updates to the annual review process schedule/cycle.
- Manage and actively respond to any questions related to a program review in progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of adult education principles.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including inspiration, motivation and facilitation.
- A customer-focused perspective with the ability to integrate information from multiple sources, identify resources for projects, and determine appropriate strategies to meet organizational needs.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills to balance multiple demands.
- Knowledge of career training vocations and programs.
- Knowledge of the operations of a Private Career College within Ontario, New Brunswick, or Nova Scotia is an asset.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Five (5) or more years of management experience in a comparable educational environment.
- Private Career College leadership experience is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Understanding of project management concepts is required.
- Understanding of adult learning principles is an asset.
- Working with Government and other accrediting bodies is an asset.
- A desktop or laptop with a webcam, microphone and speakers with a strong internet connection are required.
Hours of Work:
This position is a full-time position. The hours will be from 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
This position will operate out of our Campus Support Center located in Mississauga, ON. This position does have the option to work remotely when needed.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to [email protected]
About triOS College:
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Ontario. At triOS we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in triOS as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values and these have been retained for the last 27 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at triOS provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.