What does a great Financial Reporting Manager do?
You will be responsible for the internal financial reporting function, with primary focus on the consolidated GAAP P&L and balance sheet and related financial statement reporting and analysis, for a $14 billion publicly traded, Fortune 500 company headquartered in Brookfield, WI. This includes performing monthly and quarterly analyses of financial results / trends for distribution to executive management and various value-add projects including implementation of
combined company processes to improve consolidation and analysis efforts.
As a Financial Reporting Manager, you can look forward to:
- Review monthly and quarterly financial statements with focus on the consolidated GAAP P&L and balance sheet, related financial statement reporting and variance analysis. This requires significant interaction with and being a central point of contact for the Corporate Accounting, Central Accounting and Operating Group / Business Unit Accounting and Finance Teams.
- Lead various financial analyses to investigate financial results and understand impacts for communication to management, including account rollforwards and other reporting for the quarterly executive financial review package.
- Work with Accounting teams to understand balance sheet activity as part of the supplemental reporting process.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s processes and procedures. Assist with various integration activities related to the recent acquisition of First Data Corporation, including providing and implementing recommendations for business improvements.
- Manage the Related Party process for the enterprise.
- Work with Fiserv’s external auditors to provide reporting and support for the completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Assist with analyses and research related to acquisitions, dispositions, debt offerings, accounting standard implementations and other financial accounting and reporting matters that may arise
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license (preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Large public company financial reporting experience and/or large accounting firm experience (audit background) is highly preferred
- Strong organizational / time-management skills with the ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated, pro-active, anticipates future needs
- Results focused while ensuring a high level of quality; detail oriented combined with the ability to consider materiality and broader reporting implications
- Ability to make decisions based on precedent and solve arising issues using sound professional judgment, experience and research
- Use of business understanding to solve accounting issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of current accounting and financial reporting issues and practices (U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Process improvement capabilities and experience
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP/BPC or Oracle/HFM experience is preferred
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.