At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plan, manage, and control human resources strategies, programs and processes within the business unit and attainment of business goals and objectives. Provide professional advice and consultation to department heads and client leads in the daily execution and delivery of Human Resources deliverables. Provide oversight and responsibility for developing and executing human resources strategies, programs and processes within the respective business unit in order to ensure attainment of business goals and objectives. Manage a team of HR professionals and consult and partner with department heads and client leads in the areas of employee and labor relations, recruiting, staffing, strategic workforce planning, performance management, management and leadership development, and employee communication. Provide support for activities that promote diversity awareness.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Interpret, advise, and counsel line management and Human Resources Generalists on the application of company policies, procedures, processes, employee issues and federal and state law. In addition, the Collective Bargaining Agreement(s), where applicable.
- Partner with client leads in the development, delivery and administration of Human Resources professional services related to employee and labor relations, recruitment, staffing, strategic workforce planning, performance management, management and leadership development, and employee communication.
- Partner with department heads and client leads in the development and implementation of short and long term strategic initiatives designed to assure the highest levels of performance, as well as attainment of business unit and corporate goals.
- Partner with department heads and client leads in the development and implementation of Human Resources operational plans to deliver business unit initiatives, such as departmental reorganizations, staffing optimization, work practice improvements, etc, in support of business unit goals and objectives.
- Advise line management on appropriate administrative or disciplinary action.
- Provide leadership feedback and mentoring to direct reports
(i. e. HRGs). Conduct performance reviews/evaluations along with developing staff.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources or related field and a minimum of 8 to10 years of strong HR generalist experience in a multi-division, multi-state environment.
- Proven leadership ability and demonstration of strong client relations in a high performance culture with a strong sense of customer service, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA.
- Knowledge of business (Energy Services or Corporate-type background is helpful)
- Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the business unit.
- Proven management skills in coaching, performance management, and facilitating business competency.
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with department heads and client leads to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Advanced degree, Master’s Degree of Business Administration or Masters Degree in related HR field.
- PHR or SPHR
– Interact with client leads, department heads, key managers and all levels of employees across Exelon.
- Manage 1 to 3 direct reports.
- Requires an extensive working knowledge of company policies and the procedures (and the Collective Bargaining Agreement, where applicable).
- Substantial decision making independence and authority.
- Works closely with department heads, client leads and key managers.
- Operates independently with little or no supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster