Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Under the direction of the Field HR 2VP/Regional HR, drives results for all human resource efforts for assigned customers. Participates in the development of human resources policies and programs by partnering with employee relations, compensation and other specialist functions. Directs all human resource activities within the customer group. Provides coaching and counseling to management and employees in order to enhance individual contributions. Note: Focus of the following components/responsibilities may differ by line of business and/or client group assignment:
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with Regional HR/HR RVP and field business partners to make compensation decisions (e.g. base pay, incentive equity grants) which drive business results and support our pay for performance philosophy.
- Working with HR RVP/Regional HR, ensures the communication and execution of our compensation philosophy.
- Analyzes internal/external equity based on local market information and takes initiative to address issues.
- Administers and communicates HR policies and programs with departments and across lines of business as appropriate.
- Ensures that human resources services delivered directly or indirectly are necessary, cost effective and in support of the business plan.
- Develops an effective partnership with line business clients through consultation on human resources strategic and operational issues as related to the business plan.
- Spends time coaching and giving feedback to employees and management.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws that impact HR; responds to government and employee inquiries or complaints, coordinates their resolution.
- Collaborate with management and employees to identify and resolve issues that achieve a balance between business needs and employee needs, and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with other human resources staff, participates in the development of necessary policies and practices to ensure that they are consistent with overall corporate direction and in support of customer group plans.
- Consults on organizations effectiveness to include re-engineering, management/employee development, workflow efficiencies and organizational change.
- Assists management with cultural change issues.
- Provides advice and guidance on employee relations’ issues, progressive discipline and documentation requirements to management.
- Develops interventions (proactive and reactive) that support employee relations and organizational effectiveness.
- Conducts AAP analysis and provides consultative support in the development and administration of Affirmative Action Programs, responding to discrimination complaints or charges, and coordinates their resolution.
- Executes the human resources planning effort with the customer groups to identify and build diverse pool of key technical and leadership talent to facilitate talent development and succession planning.
- Counsels’ management on the development process and execution of development plans to build skill, competency and organizational capability.
- Assists management to leverage talent among work groups (e.g. cross-training, rotational assignments, redeployment).
- Ensures that appropriate human resource systems are in place to attract, select, reward, train and motivate staff.
- Identifies and analyzes productivity, turnover, and hiring trends; develops and implements appropriate action plans.
- Stays current and is aware of social, economic and other trends that may affect the business or the direction of human resources policies and programs.
- Designs, develops and delivers HR related training to business partners, i.e.: Performance Management, Sexual Harassment, Managing a Diverse Workforce, etc.
- Provides facilitation of meetings as required, such as assimilations, developing team values, operating principles, etc.
- Minimum of three years related work experience, including experience in a generalist or other human resources role.
- Broad knowledge of human resources including organization development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and talent acquisition.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typically five or more years of HR experience with most experience preferred in generalist position.
- College degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, business or other related course of study or equivalent.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.