BEE part of the Change – Are you a driven, self-motivated individual seeking a startup vibe and a rewarding environment? We need you to help us SWARM a $3 trillion industry! We are the next Uber or Airbnb – but for parcel shipments!
ShipperBee is building a platform for sustainable point-to-point-to-point delivery of parcels, avoiding massive warehouses and wasteful delivery miles. We are a small, diverse team working together to connect our shippers and drivers to move parcels in a way that’s good for the environment. We take care of each other and work hard to meet goals and targets – and help us all achieve success
ShipperBee is Canada’s innovative logistics startup. Our technology solution includes platform services, user web portals, mobile applications (iOS and Android), integrations (with partners such as Shopify) and our hardware “Hives.” Shipping parcels is rich with technical and operational challenges; we’re building our solution to massively scale.
What We’re Looking For
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Manager of Information Security and Technology will drive security, privacy, and technology usage at ShipperBee. With the full backing of the executive team, you can help ShipperBee be industry-leading in our practices. You’d shape the future of the information technology and product development teams.
- Work with the CTO to define, execute on strategy for ShipperBee’s information security, privacy, and compliance.
- Prevent business disruptions pro-actively, addressing risks and vulnerabilities across our software and technology.
- Implement the tools of the trade: as static code analysis, pen-testing, intrusion detection. Manage the vendors involved.
- Work with our IT team to manage, and control access to critical systems including our Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud systems.
- Manage incidents and breaches; respond quickly, communicate within the company, and to our stakeholders.
- Improve our organizational behaviours: provide training, best practices, and mentorship for local champions.
- Write and maintain organizational policies and standards related to information security and technology usage.
- Work as part of our product Development team. Review and architect designs, source code, documentation.
- Passionate about internet technology, security, and its impact on people.
- Resourceful, motivated, and hardworking.
- Familiar working within a software development team, Continuous Integration and Deployment, and DevOps processes.
- Positive, engaged, and excited about building an ambitious business.
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent.
- CISSP, CCSP, CRISC or similar certification
- 5+ years in information security, cloud management, or IT roles
- Experience implementing security or privacy best practices in Cloud platforms (such as GCP or Azure)
What We’re Offering
- An opportunity to have a significant impact on a growing organization, poised to do great things.
- A modern stack that includes TypeScript, Angular, PostgreSQL, hosted in Google Cloud and Azure.
- An innovative business model, funding from committed investors, managed by an experienced executive team.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Flexibility to work from home or from our incredibly welcoming office.
- Free parking.
- Commitment to equitable salaries that are based on industry benchmarks.
- BEE Well – We care about your well-being; we offer you extended health and dental benefits from day 1, and above-average vacation allocations.
- BEE an Owner – All salaried full-time employees are given a healthy amount of stock options.
… in addition to endless bee puns…
At ShipperBee, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it!
We recognize that experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a growth mindset goes a long way. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying anyway and tell us why you are the right fit for the job. ShipperBee is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, provincial or local laws.
Inspired? Please Apply Now!
We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to our recruiting team.
Powered by JazzHR