Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Manager Process Engineering 2 in our Operations organization for our Elkton, Maryland location.
The Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems and Controls (PS&C) location in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton PS&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
The Process Engineering Manager 2 will lead a team of process engineers who support PS&C programs with a focus on product execution.
This department is responsible for the development, implementation, and sustainment of manufacturing processes and process control documents that ensure product quality, deliver on the program requirements, and adhere to all internal procedures and external regulations.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Monitoring, mentoring and coaching employees to ensure they are meeting expectations.
- Ensuring the organization is providing adequate support to the production area – initiating and implementing organization improvements as needed
- Supporting and providing input for budgets, leading special investigations or projects
- Leading, developing and implementing engineering system improvements
- Providing formal feedback and development opportunities to employees
- Mentor employees to a successful career path.
Success in this role will require sound scientific/technical judgment, innovative thinking and excellent interpersonal/management skills in order to plan, motivate and accomplish goals through your staff.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 10 years of experience or a Master’s of Engineering degree with 7 years of experience
- Process or Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Leadership qualities desired with demonstrated success in:
- Allocating time and resources supporting team members
- Ongoing and immediate feedback
- Open sharing of information and knowledge
- Encouraging suggestions and ideas from team members
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent computer skills and understanding of process and automation control
- Excellent communication and technical presentation skills
- Ability to convey clear and concise direction and expectations
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
- Lean manufacturing certification/experience
- Prior Program Manager experience
- New facility design and start-up experience
- An active DOD Secret or higher clearance
This position falls under a Federal Explosives License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) for this location. Candidates hired into this role will be required to complete and submit an Employee Possessor Questionnaire to ATF for approval to be a possessor.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.