Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: At PayPal, we continue to push the boundary of what technology can help people around the world accomplish. For that, we are seeking far and wide for that select handful of exceptional world-class problem solvers with a passion for data insights and a relentless execution focus.
- You believe in data-driven decisions and use data to answer business questions
- You are hyper-analytical, intellectually honest, and extremely passionate about data and testing (e.g., A/B experimentation)
- You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance
- You are energized
- You are a fun-loving, adventurous team player
- Partner with stakeholders (e.g., product, design, engineering) on the Consumer Experience team to build and improve PayPal’s core consumer web and mobile user experiences
- Deliver actionable, data-driven insights to help understand customer behavior, launch and optimize new features, and prioritize the product roadmap
- Identify key metrics, conduct rigorous explorative data analysis, create exec-facing dashboards, and build business cases that drive decision making and business prioritization
- Present findings and recommendations to senior-level stakeholders
- Define and cultivate best practices in analytics instrumentation and experimentation
- Support multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Data driven mindset with a degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Fluent in SQL, Excel, and visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlikview; experience with a statistical programming language like R or Python preferred
- 5+ years of experience analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing insights into actionable solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence cross-functional teams
- Prior work experience in management consulting or investment banking highly valued
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.