As a Purchasing Manager, you are responsible for;
- Provides supervision to a team of direct material buyers, who:
- Issue purchase orders not automatically issued by the ERP/MRP system;
- Manage all direct materials purchase orders;
- Execute against specified sourcing strategies; and
- Execute the competitive bid, negotiation, and contracting processes for the location’s direct materials.
- Acts as an escalation point for delivery and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the buyers and obtains favorable resolutions for TE.
- Works closely with Supply Chain and Manufacturing to ensure continuity of supply.
- Delivers year-on-year cost reduction in line with corporate targets, working with Design Engineering & Manufacturing to identify and execute cost reduction opportunities.
- Oversees all aspects of the plant’s supplier negotiations, including price, volume, delivery, quality, and service & inventory levels for the location.
- Reports on key TE Procurement metrics (STC & STR—on-time delivery, Commercial Productivity—cost reduction, DLPM-quality).
- Drives supplier performance improvements regarding Procurement metrics (e.g. on-time delivery, quality, lead-time, MOQ and payment terms).
- Develops and manages key supplier relationships for the location.
- Identifies supplier risks, actively manages those risks, and ensures necessary actions are taken to mitigate any such risks.
- Leads the process to implement/maintain contracts and stocking programs to support reduced lead times from suppliers and inventory reductions.
- Supports product migrations and new product development.
- Ensures compliance with TE policies, procedures, and quality standards.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or another relevant discipline is required. A Master’s or other advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years of procurement/sourcing experience, with at least 3 of these years in a manufacturing environment is required.
- 3-5 years in a management role with strong management skills, including personnel development.
- 2-3 years of strategic sourcing experience is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience with metal machines parts is preferred. Experience with resins/plastics is also a plus.
- Proficient with MS-Office tools, primarily Excel, but also Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications is strongly preferred.
- Possesses an understanding of production methods and quality assurance methods.
- Team player, hands-on attitude, self-motivated.
- Able to work independently on a variety of problems. Exercises judgment within established procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
This is position is located at our Bellville, TX location.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.