- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in HR compliance, risk management, policy development, or employment legal.
- 3 years of people management experience.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and advising leaders.
- Knowledge of employment law concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of US or global data collection and reporting requirements (e.g. EEOC and OFCCP reporting).
- Knowledge of GDPR requirements and obligations.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills. Ability to manage a team in analyzing fragmented inputs, synthesizing key insights, and articulate compelling recommendations.
- Excellent team management, stakeholder management, and verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
In Google People Services, we enable Google to find and hire talent. Staffing Compliance plays a critical role in ensuring our hiring is fair, equitable, and compliant.
As the Manager of the Staffing Compliance team, you’ll manage a team of staffing policy and compliance specialists. Your team will partner closely with others across Google to ensure compliance is integral to our hiring policies and practices. Your team will identify compliance risks, be an invaluable partner to Legal, and act as a trusted advisor to staffing leadership.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as “Human Resources”). We bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Review hiring practices and policies to identify potential compliance risks and provide recommendations to address any deficiencies.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams such as Legal, Employee Relations, Ethics, and Compliance in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee team in the implementation of policy and practice changes.
- Guide team in development and implementation of compliance resources.
- Coach and develop a team to grow skillsets and capabilities in policy and compliance work.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.