Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs designs, develops, and builds all its own hardware products. The Strategic Sourcing team is responsible for spends from raw materials, to the individual components on a board, to the final consumer end product. The team owns the commercial growth strategy and business relationships with various suppliers and manufacturers. The sourcing team moves fast and leverages key partnerships to drive technical innovation, high quality standards and cost-savings via a customized supply chain. Facebook Reality Labs is seeking a leader that creates disruptive value by influencing the product definitions, designs, and specifications for our organization, and manufacturing of our consumer hardware products. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing across our ecosystem, including the commercial, operational and technical performance of our technology and supplier base. Together with your team and numerous internal partners, you will be responsible for quality, product and material availability, and cost that spans the consumer hardware space.
- Develop overall vision, strategy and execution plan for the Global Camera module Sourcing function. Driving an integrated long-term supplier development approach focused on delivering world class quality, delivery and cost.
- Negotiate and execute master supply contracts and other critical agreements including but not limited to licensing agreements, SOWs, etc.
- Develop, manage and refresh individual and customized Camera technology, Architecture and commodity sourcing strategies for each actively managed technology.
- Lead Supplier QBR process focused on exceeding Facebook KPI’s and continuous performance improvement.
- Analyze, develop and implement supplier capacity and custom Camera “should cost” model.
- Develop deep technical and commercial relationships with executive management at suppliers.
- Influence supplier technology roadmaps and create internal disruptive value-add to ensure Facebook’s system architecture and commercial requirements are met.
- Work in partnership with the various engineering teams to develop an approved and qualified supply base, develop strategic partnerships that address our needs and, on an ongoing basis, continuously improve supplier performance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (i.e., PM, engineering, quality, ID, PD, logistics, etc.) to continuously improve overall system-level landed cost and identify strategic trends in Facebook’s design practices that will have an impact on procurement.
- Partner with Finance to ensure financial reporting is reliable, accurate and reported on-time.
- Influence engineering and architecture teams for NPI development strategy and implementation, optimizing design/materials/process selection to drive lowest cost, industry leading quality, and continuity of predictable supply.
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality.
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate.
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any supply issue.
- Own delivery and supply that meets specification, quality, and cost from our partners.
- Develop commodity supplier sourcing strategy ensuring the supplier is capable of meeting Facebook’s current and future technical and business requirements.
- Continually benchmark the industry to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the Facebook supply chain.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps.
- Deliver best in class total cost of ownership (TCO), continuity of supply (COS), and business relationship management.
- 10+ years of sourcing and procurement experience in Camera and/or Electronics Commodity and technology management, including demonstrated experience managing overall supplier performance.
- 5+ years of leadership and people management experience.
- Engineering or technical BS degree.
- Experience working in enterprises with hardware portfolio.
- Experience in setting up, running, and optimizing a global, outsourced manufacturing supply chain.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, training and developing sourcing teams.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with and establishing commercial and technical relationships with senior management at suppliers.
- Expertise in market analysis to dissect market size, players, customers, growth, technology replacements/forecasts, pricing trends, etc., to formulate sourcing strategies.
- Experience establishing new approaches to sourcing.
- Expertise in financial statement analysis to derive should-cost models and cost competitiveness/financial strengths of suppliers, as well as gathering market intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically but detailed oriented to support ideology with facts and data.
- Experience articulating points of view with executive management but execute plans when directed.
- Expertise in supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]