- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with leading product development in the technology.
- 5 years of experience managing technology projects and leading cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in people management/leadership.
- Experience managing senior stakeholders/clients.
- Experience using Google technologies in client scenarios.
- Programming experience in Java, Python, or C++.
- Experience and/or knowledge in the sustainability space such as recycling tech, plastic innovation, bioplastic, etc.
About the job
In this role, you will combine your passion for people development, technical aptitude, entrepreneurial spirit, and conviction for sustainability to lead a small team of Technical Solutions Architects, and work alongside them to solve some of the biggest challenges facing the sustainability world today. In this role, you will partner with internal and external teams and stakeholders to develop innovative solutions towards a more environmentally sustainable future leveraging Google technology. You will be responsible for identifying and architecting innovate solutions, and you’ll have the chance to leverage your wide-ranging experience and skill-set to find the best solution for the problems at hand.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Manage a team that identifies sustainability opportunities and product intersections collaboratively with experts spanning the organization.
- Work with your team to oversee the design and implementation of technical solutions to solve sustainability-focused problems that our brands and cross-functional stakeholders are facing.
- Own the technical relationship and discovery with many of our clients to create product solutions that will advance the sustainability cause.
- Propose, design, create and present prototypes, demos and proofs-of-concept to a wide variety of audiences.
- Collaborate to formulate external partnerships and qualify proposals from a technical perspective.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.