Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) located in Linthicum, MD is seeking a leader to manage an established group. The group is responsible for leading cross-functional teams during the proposal, design and manufacture of complex HW/SW products; participating in negotiations; establishing and executing to project schedules; overseeing funding authorizations; initiating the launch of new designs and subsequent shop orders; and managing all cost/ schedule related activities.
This is a dual role encompassing both program performance and people leadership of an established group of technical and project management professionals.
As a Functional Manager, activities include performance management, employee engagement, career development, staffing, merit planning, and personnel issue resolution.
As a Project Lead, responsibilities typically include leading a technical team through the full lifecycle of a project; generating inputs for schedules, spend plans, Earned Value (EV), Estimates at Completion (EAC) and status reports for the program; and championing process improvements activities. The Project Lead will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers.
Applicant must be
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
- Proactive and responsive with an internally generated “sense of urgency”
- Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills are required.
Candidate must minimally meet the following:
- Minimum 9 years of related engineering experience with Bachelor’s degree, or minimum 7 years of related experience with a Master’s.
- Demonstrated leadership responsibilities
- Basic understanding of the Design, Manufacturing and Test Integration process
- Basic understanding of SAP Production/Materials management tool
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret (or higher) clearance
Candidates with these desired qualifications and skills will be given preferential considerations:
- Clear understanding of Earned Value and SPI/CPI in determining the critical path of a project, EAC and experience preparing workload forecasts
- Experience as Technical lead, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, or other demonstrated leadership role to a program office.
- Solid use of Excel and SAP Production/Materials management tool
- Previous functional management experience
- Experience in Engineering Design or Systems
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent
- Current TS/SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.