The Operational Services organization at Schwab partners with teams across the firm to deliver on service promises to Schwab clients. We are responsible for protecting and safeguarding the assets of the firm and our clients while continuing to increase scalability and efficiency.
Within Operational Services, the Business Process Transformation team is a cross-functional group that is helping to drive transformation across Operational Services and the broader firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change.
The Managing Director – Platform Lead role is central to our transformation efforts and the firm’s broader “Smart Processing” strategy. This role leads our cross-enterprise document intake and case creation capabilities, including our OCR/ICR technologies. Importantly, this role will chip in to our end-to-end document intake optimization efforts, a core part of our Smart Processing strategy and a substantial efficiency and client/advisor experience opportunity.
This role leads a team of product owners, business analysts, and scrum teams who partner with service teams and business leaders across the enterprise to develop, pilot and deploy innovative capability enhancements to the platform and surrounding ecosystem. This role must build momentum for the platform vision with Senior Leaders across the enterprise, while executing perfectly through agile software development practices.
What you are good at:
- Build and lead a team of product owners and business analysts enabling them to execute on a roadmap of platform capability enhancements while maintaining platform hygiene and stability
- Provide oversight and mentorship to team members, empowering Product Owners to chart a path to business value aligned to the broader platform vision
- Be a driving force for ground-breaking change, pushing product owners, business analysts and partners to envision the ideal future, and driving the changes required to get there
- Cultivate a culture of fact-based decision-making, clarity, agility and value creation
- Develop the strategic vision, roadmap and delivery plan for the platform
- Develop solutions aligned to the platform vision and own value delivery and return on investment
- Define the product roadmap including the platform increments and releases along with supporting the prioritization of the associated backlog
- Building and maturing our program infrastructure including codifying standard methodologies, refining the model, developing dashboards at the team and program level, and building communication channels at the senior level, partner level, and user level
- Engage with partners to build awareness of the platform, vet opportunities, and handle the pipeline of work and forecast the team’s capacity
- Drive decision validation through a Steering Group that provides vision feedback as well as issue resolution support
- Synthesize progress against key performance indicators and create important communications for Operations leadership that drive engagement and momentum
- Work closely with Technology Owner to ensure team is constructed to effectively delivery against both near- and long-term platform goals
Ensure compliance with technology standards and architecture strategy
Give to the intentional architecture and emergent design
What you have:
- 10+ years’ work experience in large, business critical product and platform management initiatives focused on agile, organizational change and automation, preferably within the financial services industry or a consulting firm
- Experience in OCR/ICR and channel/intake optimization a plus, but not required
- Strong shown team leadership and ability to drive multi-discipline, multi-level teams to deliver exceptional results, including the ability to develop a team of senior resources at the Sr. Manager and Director level
- Strong influencing, coaching and mentoring skills; demonstrated success in building credibility and strong relationships with peers and key partners (typically at a VP and SVP level)
- Demonstrated experience in enabling change and building/leading major components of a critical platform evolution initiative, including strategy, structure, methods, resources/skills, etc.
- Shown ability to handle sophisticated planning processes across a number of inflight initiatives, and to manage a portfolio of projects/work streams
- Ability to partner with internal technology partners at the Director to VP level to ensure methodologies meet the needs of technical and business partners
- Expertise in and proven application success with Agile, Lean, journey mapping, design thinking, digital process automation, and other process optimization/innovation frameworks
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Advanced problem solving, analytical and technical skills
- Exemplary business intuition and judgment to help the team solve problems in a way that drives continuous improvement across the program
- Prior experience in financial services, with operations preferred