The Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) function within Corporate Treasury handles fixed-income investments in several portfolios totaling approximately $300 billion in balance sheet assets primarily for the benefit of Charles Schwab Corporation, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Charles Schwab Bank, Charles Schwab Premier Bank, and Charles Schwab Trust Bank.
As a people leader within the TCM Asset & Liability Management Strategy team you will play a key role in the overall strategic optimization of the investment portfolio from an integrated portfolio and balance sheet management perspective through collaboration and partnership with critical business partners, stakeholders, and subject matter specialists (e.g. liquidity, capital, credit, interest rate risk, stress testing, controllers, etc).
In this role, you will to resolve relative value decisions that will directly impact the composition of the investment portfolio(s) from a sector and sub-sector perspective, while operating within limits, guidelines, constraints, and risk appetite. Additionally, you will lead the integration of the TD Ameritrade balance sheet while directly handling the acquired ~$150B Bank Deposit Account portfolio.
Management responsibility of 5-7 team members.
What you are good at:
- Lead the integration of the TD Ameritrade balance sheet while ensuring adherence to key risk limits
- Directly manage the acquired ~$150B Bank Deposit Account portfolio adhering to contractual guidelines
- Play a leadership role within ALM Strategy to achieve risk-return optimization directive
- Combine external market conditions with internal factors to efficiently position investment portfolio through rate cycles, with a significant emphasis on credit risk management
- Collaborate with key business partners to drive portfolio analytics to support investment allocation decisions and strategy
- Conduct risk/return optimization taking into account internal goals/constraints as well as considering external/macro-economic factors
- Support ALM Positioning Strategy by using existing capabilities, tools, and reports
- Work side-by-side with the Portfolio Managers to support investment decision making
- Use industry investment research and stay abreast of peer and industry trends
- Management responsibility of 5-7 team members.
What you have:
- A minimum of 15+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field is required, additionally Master’s and/or CFA required, MBA preferred
- Expertise in Deposit Sweep products and management required
- Passion to work in white space and the ability to build innovative analyses to help drive the strategy for the portfolio
- Solid understanding of fixed income modeling in systems such as PolyPaths, BlackRock, Murex, Bloomberg, QRM, Calypso
- Experience with large post-acquisition departmental integrations
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external counterparts
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure in a potentially stressful environment
- Outstanding written communication skills