A Day in the Life
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Bachelors degree required (molding/plastics degree)
- 0 years of experience required
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GD&T.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFM & DFA principles.
- Knowledge in the use of mold-filling simulations, such as Moldflow, Sigmasoft or Moldex3d.
- Some plastic manufacturing process experience, including Injection Molding, Insert Molding, and Multi-Shot Molding.
- Some experience with medium to high volume component part and subassembly manufacturing best practices.
- Familiarity with statistical analyses, including process capability, process control, Design of Experiments, etc…
- Understanding of Process Validation and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) for component part qualification.
- Project Management skills.
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cross Cultural Respect
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Creative Problem Solving
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)