Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer, located in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer participates in product development phases as manufacturing engineering liaison. The position will be responsible to assess and provide design for manufacturing (DFM) recommendations to the product design team, and responsible to design and deploy manufacturing fixture and tooling, develop manufacturing processes, establish manufacturing procedures, and lead process validation and design transfer to manufacturing internally or externally.
- Provide product and process DFM recommendations to product development core team to enhance manufacturability and reduce product cost.
- Design, document, assemble, qualify and release manufacturing and testing tooling, fixtures equipment.
- Create and release associated maintenance and calibration procedures.
- Develop and set up manufacturing assembly line, release and/or refine bill of materials (BOMs), work flow processes and detailed manufacturing process instructions (MPI) work instructions.
- Create required documentation to support the development of products and manufacturing processes. Lead process validation activities, including timelines, responsibilities, and validation protocols/reports.
- Leads or participates in pilot production or production phase and provides inputs to drive new product introduction schedules, resolve manufacturability issues, and drive improvements for cost and efficiency.
- Provide training or assist in training of production staffs for assembly, testing, and the use of new released equipment, methods and procedures.
- Support manufacturing team in maintaining compliance with medical device quality system requirements, including corrective/preventive action closure, disposition of non-conforming materials, and etc.
- Perform process capability analysis, failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies or field returns, and troubleshoot manufacturing line issues.
- This is a full-time position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Other manufacturing engineering duties or support as assigned or requested.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical, Materials Engineering or related field AND 2 years experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product or production lines.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical, Materials Engineering or related field AND internship experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product or production lines.
- Strong technical skill in SolidWorks, prototyping, tooling/fixture development and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on proficiency with machine shop tools and 3D printers.
- Solid understanding in materials, BOM structure, and best practices for flexible or rigid instrument assembly
- Experience with process validation planning/execution, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols and reports.
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR part 820 and ISO 13485; medical device experience
- Advanced Degree
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Experience in Agile product development
- Agile PLM experience
- CAD experience with 3D modeling tools
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Other jobs you may like
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: AS20200909-50412
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices and procedures. Recommends enhancements to systems and processes. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Development of prototype and production assembly tooling and test fixtures
- Review designs for manufacturability and develop routing templates
- Generate work instructions and assembly procedures
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Work with manufacturing to resolve problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical engineering with a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of business management principles and practices
- Must be able to work in a multi-faceted, high paced environment, interfacing with all levels of company personnel.
Other jobs you may like
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or related discipline from an accredited University.
- 2-4 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a technical role supporting the design and Manufacturing of cable assemblies within an Integrated Product Team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with co-workers and others from diverse backgrounds.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate through written and oral means, and to multitask by handling multiple assignments in parallel.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude, and the ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Experienced user of Microsoft office software applications including MS Word, Project, Excel, Visio, and Power Point.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings, and to use viewing and editing tools such as AutoCAD.
- Willingness to work overtime and during off-days occasionally as required to support production operations.
- Ability to work second shift
Bachelors degree from an accredited University in Engineering. Experience or training with advanced manufacturing technology and automated equipment applications. Understanding of lean manufacturing principles and the use of statistical tools to improve processes. Technical understanding of cable assembly producibility and process flow. Specific experience with SAP and Solumina manufacturing execution system. Experience with cable design and assembly.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.