Manufacturing Equipment Engineer
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join the Equipment Engineering Team. This engineer will be the subject matter expert equipment issues encompassing electrical/PLC, robotics, mechanical, welding, machining, hydraulics/pneumatics, conveyor systems, etc. A successful candidate will be proactive in improvement projects, multitasking, and refocusing to meet constantly shifting demands in a fast-paced environment. This person will demonstrate leadership to drive the completion of cross-functional collaboration projects on or ahead of schedule.
- Diagnose equipment failures, finds root causes, and communicate actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Become an expert level trainer on all machines in assigned areas, and be responsible for up leveling shift technicians.
- Create, implement and improve project management documents and schedules.
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment: quickly respond to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests to minimize downtime.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development, cost reduction and improvement.
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Develop business cases for improvement projects and equipment acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechatronics, or mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2+ years of engineering experience.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 or similar 3D CAD software (Solidworks, ProE, Unigraphics, etc).
- Basic understanding of GD&T as well as weld symbols.
- Experience with rapid prototyping in small to medium volume production.
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes, engineering materials, and fastening methods.
- Familiarity with designing any or all of the following: mobile & stationary material handling equipment, towed dollies, racks, stands, lift-assists, and end-of-arm tools.
- Familiarity with industrial robots (Kuka, Fanuc, etc.) and controls systems (Siemens, Rockwell, etc.)