Job Title: Manufacturing Operator 1
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a Manufacturing Operator you will be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly, and/or packaging of BioProcess Containers in a clean room environment. You will carry out the production process by closely following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instruction Documents and blueprints or drawings as they relate to assembly, materials handling, equipment operation, and finished goods packaging. This position requires following Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and ability to work in a fast- paced team environment.
What will you do?
- Manually assemble tubing and connectors to be used in the medical industry
- Read manufacturing drawings and follow standard operating procedures
- Manufacture bags utilizing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in accordance with product blueprint
- Utilize tape measure to build product according to customer requirements
- Record and complete accurate documentation according to GMP requirements
- Drive a culture of safety and quality in all activities
- Responsible for performing visual inspection on in-process and finished products and escalate when appropriate
- Working with a team in a fast-paced environment assembling product
- Participate in the Lean Practical Process Improvement (PPI) culture
How will you get here?
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic math skills
- Good verbal/written communication
- Attention to detail while maintaining a quality product
- Ability to perform repetitive work duties
Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures
High School or GED
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Work in a fast -paced controlled cleanroom environment 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required for production schedule adherence
- Work in a clean-room which is a controlled environment for temperature and humidity having low ambient noise
- Must be able to wear gowning which includes: gloves, hair & beard net and face cover, safety glasses with no makeup / jewelry, and the like
- Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and understand chemical hygiene
- Infrequently lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds max unassisted
- Stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, grasping
Use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing and pulling
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com