RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Global Markets Division
- The Client Coverage Team is responsible for stewarding GS’s relationship with Marquee’s top clients using our digital products and services. Top clients are defined as those who have a subscription paying for Marquee’s services, are top users of a particular service or feature (even if not one monetized through licensing) or top user count across Marquee services among GS’s institutional clients.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Negative attrition – don’t just maintain subscriptions and usage, but expand them, specifically growing number of users using more services more intensively and paying for more of them
- Up-selling/X-selling – get existing clients to use new product categories and higher-value-added services
- Client satisfaction – measured through broker vote-style relationship review process at least annually
- Cultivate relationships with the key decision makers, current users, and target addressable personas for Marquee’s services. Understand their strategic objectives and challenges, representing those to Marquee Sales and Product leadership
- Maintain regular communication with the key internal relationship managers outside Marquee covering one’s clients (ie senior relationship manager, equity or rates coverage, prime brokerage or IBD or asset management where relevant, etc) to ensure awareness of broader relational objectives and co-ordination in engagement.
- Manage engagement with assigned clients for beta testing of relevant new services.
- Proactively inform assigned clients about upcoming relevant feature and product releases, and ensure effective training, rapid adoption, and capture of feedback.
- Interface with E-Business Services Team to ensure timely configuration of new users, resolution of support issues that arise, delivery of invoices, and resolution of billing irregularities.
- Work with Marquee Platform team and product PMs to continually improve outage alerting, client communication, and resolution framework.
- >3 years of client-facing sales or relationship management experience in institutional financial services, ideally with front-office roles & senior decision-makers
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Team player effective at mobilizing collaboration across levels of seniority and beyond direct reporting lines
Is this you?
You are passionate about building long-term relationship, deeply understanding clients’ underlying needs, and working to deliver new solutions
While you don’t mind getting to know new people, your passion is cultivating relationships of deep trust that make truly novel collaboration and innovation possible. You like understanding clients’ problems deeply, and marshalling resources over time to solve them, moving from imagination through to implementation.
You’re passionate about follow-through and follow-up
You’re rigorous about documentation and clarity in delegation to ensure what is agreed is indeed done. You struggle to move on to new things until you’ve fully completed the previous task. Process matters to you not for its own sake, but because it assures consistent delivery and builds trust.
- You collaborate reflexively
When you encounter an opportunity or a problem, your first instinct is to pull in others to get their perspective, seek their help, and keep them informed. You prefer! to orchestrate action across a group of people with diverse skill sets, as opposed to (trying to) be the expert yourself.
You can make complexity seem simple, but also be conversant with senior risk managers and structurers.
You must be able to socialize products that are new – and perhaps intimidatingly unfamiliar – to less technical users, but also credibly deliver Marquee’s more technical products to client users in more technical roles at sophisticated institutional investors.
You are a pioneer
You love creating something new, and demonstrating that there is indeed opportunity in the new space that others feared – even expected – was not there. You don’t mind experimentation and going it alone. You get bored when the path before you are too easy or clear.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS:
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity