Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Material Handler II is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Westbrook, Maine. In this role you will perform shipping and receiving duties for all department; responsible for helping always maintain inventories through spot checks and cycle counts.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
- Provides materials to production work centers while ensuring adequate controls of inventory.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Packs and ships customer orders.
- Receives and delivers inbound packages.
- Maintains inventory control of all stock locations.
- Fills material requisitions and delivers to appropriate department.
- Maintains cycle count program.
- Maintains accurate documentation for disposal of material.
- Responsible for cleanliness of warehouse and shipping areas.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Fork truck experience preferred.
- Prior Warehouse Material Handler experience.
- Ability to operate hand trucks.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.