This is a new opportunity based in Portsmouth. The Material Mover is responsible for ensuring searchability, traceability, retrieval, accurate documentation, and space optimisation within a warehouse environment.
The Material Mover will be responsible for ensuring searchability, traceability, retrieval, accurate documentation, and space optimisation within a warehouse environment.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Maintain Spares activities, supply to internal and external customers.
- Produce specific quality documents with accuracy.
- Follow clear document processes with accuracy.
- Pick, pack and despatch cargo to external an internal customers with accuracy.
- Receive goods at the loading/receiving dock.
- Manage & maintaining business standards.
- Adhere to all standard EH&S company standards.
- Ensure the appropriate locations within the warehouse for received goods.
- Check loads for damaged or missing items upon receipt.
- Move and rearrange stock, either by hand or with heavy lifting equipment.
- Clean working environment and ensure that goods don’t get damaged.
- Manage daily work loads.
- Load goods onto trucks for shipping.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Good level of education.
- Excellent SAP knowledge in a warehouse environment, with proven ability to problem solve.
- Experience of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) is essential.
- Forklift training desirable but not essential as training can be given.
- Proactive and able to adapt to change in a busy department.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competent level of written and verbal communication.
- Able to adapt and change work requirements to meet business needs.
- Process driven.
- Able to work on own initiative when required, but work as part of a busy team.
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insights into our world of work can be found here.