The Heavy Equipment Mechanic must be capable of performing a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on heavy equipment.
What you will be doing:
- Routine maintenance of Construction Equipment
- Ability to work on Caterpillar, John Deere, Link Belt, Manitowoc/Grove, Gomaco, and other major equipment manufacturer machinery
- Troubleshooting and/or diagnostic skills for: Engine, Transmission/Drivetrain, Hydraulic, Electrical, A/C, On Board Computer and Electronic Control Module
- Welding / Fabricating experience a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to work weekends as needed
- Computer skills a plus
- Ability to recognize and react to safety related issues
- NCCCO Certified is a plus
What we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with hand tools, including screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, pneumatic tools and diagnostic equipment. May use compression gauges, ammeters, and voltmeters to rest engine performance.
- Must have clean driving record and CDL B class
- Must have own tools
- 2 plus years’ experience in the Heavy Equipment Maintenance industry or an educational degree in Diesel related technical courses
- Must be able to lift 50Lbs Plus
- Work in outside environment Temperatures of 20 to 110 degrees
- Must be able to bend, twist and be in uncomfortable positions
Why work for us:
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.