- Design and/or fabricate ablation catheters, guide sheaths, and implant procedure accessories from either a detailed specification, or a less defined customer need. Lead the design of catheter based devices, sheaths, and disposable delivery tools and accessories required for AF ablation procedures.
- Working knowledge of catheter based delivery systems technologies and catheter manufacturing processes.
- Ability to provide inputs and communicate development schedules, timelines, and resource requirements for the successful completion of technical activities.
- Interpret results, document, and present clear, accurate findings through technical design reviews.
- Ability to apply Design for Reliability principles in daily work activities.
- Plans and executes design test techniques through the use of standard lab equipment for bench and in-vivo conditions.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units in support of characterization, design verification, and design validation activities.
- Perform analysis of catheter constructions in an effort to develop a method or manufacture which leverages existing manufacturing technologies within the facility.
- Work with a cross functional team (Business Development, Marketing, Clinical, Manufacturing, Suppliers, Quality, Reliability, and Regulatory) to develop, verify, validate and implement new product designs.
- Provide work direction to technicians and designers for design, development, and verification.
- Consult with customers, physicians and patients to understand needs and product requirements.
- Work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Experienced in designing and developing laboratory experiments.
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills, good communication and presentation skills,
- Ability to apply judgment in determining the appropriate work methods needed to achieve results.
- Proven ability to accomplish critical project level objectives in a team environment.
- Knowledge of ISO and Quality System Regulation requirements.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)