Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), we are developing the future of Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR). We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager with a desire for working across the organization to develop technology and solve complex problems. Your job will be to manage a team of engineers incubating research into product level readiness. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and will include optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, are able to drive a concept into a prototype and then mature the design to high-volume consumer product solution. You will lead a group of experts in mechanical and opto-mechanical design working in a matrix organization supporting engineering efforts in Display and Optics. We seek a team leader that can build and manage teams that will deliver innovative products.
- Manage a team of Mechanical Engineers and Lead Mechanical Engineering activities in a cross-funtional hardware team.
- Identify key roles required for team success and recruit top engineering talent.
- Provide team guidance, regular feedback, education, coaching and mentoring.
- Create career development plans, manage performance, create performance reviews.
- Manage wide variety of stakeholders while leading process definition for your team.
- Help incubate new technologies into research prototypes.
- Perform architecture and design reviews to ensure hardware quality.
- Collaborate across multiple engineering disciplines in a team environment.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience managing engineering teams through product development cycles.
- 8+ years experience in product design or mechanical system development.
- Experience working independently and managing priorities.
- Creative problem solving experience.
- Mass production experience, working with both domestic and overseas manufacturing.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]