When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Manufacture a quality fill material for use in encapsulation utilizing multiple types of equipment and processes to accomplish this.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries by observing moving equipment; adhering to all job safety procedures; attending plant safety training; shift safety meetings; adhering to lockout/tag out procedures; wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as captive clothing, steel-toe shoes, respirators, and additional gowning if necessary.
2. Able to be adaptable to a dynamic work environment.
3. At batch initiation and during batch processing performs the following: check lot numbers; check weights; check raw material lot numbers; check part numbers; ensure expiration dates are within acceptable range by comparing the various print-outs and labels with the batch processing record (BPR).
4. Follows BPR instructions as guided. This includes various types of manipulation of raw material that results in completed fill component in manufacturing.
5. Reads and adhere to workplace policies, procedures, and guidelines including standard operational procedures (SOPs), batch processing records (BPRs), current good manufacturing procedures (cGMPs), material safety data sheet (MSDS), various departmental documents, employee handbook, and company bulletins.
6. Ensures all documentation in official records are accurate, clearly written, and errors are corrected in accordance to SOP, properly initialed and dated.
7. Confirms via signature or initials of work performed by other medicine associates at each step by checking work and signing log books, medicine cards, and BPRs.
8. Verifies work performed by being physical present when work is done and confirms verification by signature or initialing. Verification is stipulated at certain parts of the BPR.
9. Weigh raw materials (RM) in powder room, dependant on amount, in accordance to work instruction (WI) for scale. Properly identify and store weighed RM; complete BPR as weighing is completed; wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); complete partial weigh form and affix to raw material drum after weighing of RM is completed.
10. Performs all cleaning in medicine area and perform all equipment cleaning in the medicine department in accordance to WI.
11. Properly and safely use all medicine equipment in accordance to WIs for each piece of equipment.
12. Able to safely use general equipment such as pallet jacks and hoists.
13. Perform mixing for medicine for specified time; make documentation on BPR; and take to dispensing area.
14. Move skid with drums of softlet cores from warehouse to softlet room; lift softlet drums using the hydraulic drum lifter to fill totes to specified weight with the aid of the scale. Record data on BPR and all necessary logbooks and tote cards.
15. As directed by BPR obtain fill samples and transport to medicine office for further disposition. An entry is made into designated logbook and samples are stored or delivered to quality control (QC) lab.
16. Retrieve all raw materials from gray zone in warehouse with the aid of a pallet jack.
17. Perform yield and manufacturing loss calculations in the BPR.
18. Add nitrogen blanket to tank headspace in accordance to BPR.
19. Perform other business related duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, an individual must uphold the standards of conduct of the company, which include integrity, motivation, dependability and reliability, confidentiality, cooperation, willingness to learn, and respect for people and property. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.