To complete section plan-o-gram work on a scheduled weekly basis in a grocery store environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read and understand plan-o-grams
- Collect plan-o-grams, new item tags and new item product and prepare work area in order to complete section reset
- Break down sections in an orderly manner to allow customers to shop other sections in that aisle
- Re-position shelving and place product according to updated schematic
- Clean up work area
- Complete forms and report section completion to Kroger and immediate supervisors
- Can work independently with little supervision
- Be professional and helpful when dealing with customers
- Maintain good relationship with store management team and staff
- Comply with the guidelines established for KOMPASS employees, especially those regarding timeliness, productivity, teamwork, communication and clocking in/out guidelines
- Practice safe lifting
- Must be able to perform essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and understand plan-o-grams
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in the English language
MINIMUM PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Must be able to:
- remain standing for several hours at a time
- lift, push or pull 50 lbs. or more on a regular basis and occasionally up to 70 lbs.
- continuously reach up and bend down, kneel, squat, reach in all directions and have unlimited upper and lower body
- lift and extend 30 lbs. above the head, sometimes repeatedly
- have unlimited manual dexterity
- tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures (0-90 degrees)
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE:
- Retail store experience
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – developing and using collaborative relationships in Kroger Stores to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Building Trust – interacting with others in a way that gives Kroger employees confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization
- Communication – clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in the English language
- Customer Focus – making Kroger customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive relationships with Kroger employees
- Decision Making – identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Initiating Action – taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; generating innovative solutions in work situations
- Negotiation – effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties
- Safety Awareness – identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee and customer safety; upholding safety standards
- Self-Starter – working the majority of the time without direct supervision; prioritizing, organizing and completing workload accurately within allotted time period
- Work Standards – setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.