Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to assist the Merchant in delivering on the go-to-market strategy and support merchandising activities to ensure operational excellence in the division. The Merchandising Specialist is responsible for executing decisions made by Merchants, including but not limited to setting-up vendors, setting up new items, inputting costs, approving planograms, stocking and non-stocking items, and ensuring accuracy of the stocking matrix for new and remerch stores. The MS is the primary contact for stores and vendors and a liaison to all internal support functions for Merchandising; including Marketing, Online, Supply Chain, Accounting and Pricing.
- Under the direction of the merchant, the MS maintains product data integrity within Lowe’s designated software systems (i.e. store product authorization, product assignment, product costs, product specifications, vendor agreement) to ensure that all product costs, product specifications, and vendor agreements are accurate.
- Reviews all pricing and invoicing discrepancies to determine where issues occurred, how to resolve them, and the cost for resolution.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Lowe’s policies and procedures as well as industry standards and compliance needs for assigned product areas (i.e. MAPP Pricing, Energy Star, BPA) to ensure Lowe’s is not at significant risk.
- Assists with the onboarding of vendors, serving as the vendor’s first point of contact for any set-up related questions and coordinates internally with various functions (Legal, Accounting, etc.) to execute the onboarding process.
- The MS creates, pulls and supplies reporting to Merchants.
- Handles daily requests from stores and communicates these requests to the appropriate internal stakeholders so products can be ordered.
- Reviews blueprints and planograms for accuracy and compliance with programs and executes in accordance to the merchant strategy.
- Implements new product and vendor programs.
- Maintains the integrity of merchandising processes and data.
- Acts as a merchandising point of contact.
- Review pricing and PO invoice discrepancies & vendor chargebacks if necessary.
- H.S. Diploma
- 2+ years’ experience in customer facing role, corporate retail or other project coordination role
- Experience working on a computer
- Ability to be organized and prioritize tasks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in customer facing role, corporate retail or other project coordination role
- 2+ years’ experience in Lowe’s stores
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program.
For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.