As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and encourages a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate optimally, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver perfection, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their finest. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in balanced value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager of Packaging Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. You will lead a program or a function within the larger organizational unit, setting and operating to objectives and providing mentorship to subordinates based on goals, objectives and company policy.
This person will be managing daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs). Program Manager responsibilities include: cost, schedule, and technical performance of a specific unit or work package on a large system development-type contract or broad responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a delivery order or small technical services-type contract.
This leader is responsible for significant SOW across multiple programs, classified and unclassified. Multiple programs and functions depend on the packaging, handling, parts protection, shipping and transportability services to execute required tasks compliantly, and efficiently on schedule. The risk to Northrop Grumman’s legal compliance, associated potential fines and penalties, and industry reputation is dependent on the interface of this position with many customers, suppliers as well as outside government agencies including the Department of Defense (DOD). The volume and complexity of these tasks are significantly growing, which makes the potential effect critical to the program and company success.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Leads the team using established policies, precedents and procedures that typically affect individual employees within own department
- Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives. Understands procedures and practices. Policy management.
- Supervises work operations of technical employees daily and actively assists or provides direction to the team as required
- May perform, especially in staff or professional groups, ongoing operational tasks of organizational groups
Do you want to learn more about our hiring process for manager positions? Please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video! www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of engineering, global supply chain and/or similar industry experience
- 1 year experience leading nontechnical or technical teams
- Experience interfacing with customers
- Experience managing cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Experience in program planning, risk management, configuration management and technical oversight of support services
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Power Point, and Word
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance and the ability to obtain Special Program Access as required by the business
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- 3 years supervisory/lead experience managing personnel of exempt and nonexempt
- Experience using EVMS to baseline and management programs
- Proposal development experience
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Power Point, Word, and/or Project
- An active DOD Secret Clearance and/or Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.