- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 8+ years total experience.
- 8+ yrs focused on Information Technology Security in areas (Security Engineering, systems/network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography and application security).
- 3+ years distributed cloud-based system design.
- 5+ years leading an Information Technology Security team.
- 3+ years’ experience with both written and oral communication to a C-suite audience.
- 3+ years’ Security modeling and verification, including threat modeling, penetration testing and red-team exercises
Amazon Care is looking for a Sr. Manager, Security Engineering to join our team. At Amazon Care, we are on a mission to make healthcare easy. We are developing a patient-centric healthcare experience that is personal, transparent, and convenient.
As Sr. Manager, Security Engineering you will set the security strategy and priorities for Amazon Care. You will lead a distributed team of security professionals whose responsibility is to ensure the data we accumulate and generate is secure from unauthorized access, and to ensure that our devices and systems are secure and resilient. You will ensure business decisions are risk-informed. You will advise senior leadership by recommending information security investments which mitigate risks, strengthen defenses, and reduce vulnerabilities for business activities and operations. You will collaborate with legal, business, HR, compliance, and privacy functions to define information security requirements, specify risk mitigation workflows and engage the appropriate stakeholders to maintain operational and reputational integrity.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in information security management and leadership.
- Establish the vision, mission, goals, objectives, budget and staffing for the Amazon Care security team
- Oversee information security, device security, security assessment of third-party solutions, and business continuity (resilience)
- Lead, educate, mentor, influence and support business leaders, managers, and front-line workers on information security threats and the behaviors and processes that will mitigate these risks
- Implement success metrics, reports, and processes to measure program effectiveness
The ideal candidate will have a sophisticated understanding of:
- Best practices in distributed system design around access control, authentication, and identity management
- Security tooling such as telemetry (logging, alerting, monitoring), drift detection, anomaly detection
- Securing remote equipment using mobile device management and scanning tools
- Deep working knowledge of business, clinical, financial, operational, and IT processes in healthcare, and understanding of how cloud can help transform the processes to result in better outcomes for the patients and communities that healthcare providers serve
- Strong customer focus, urgency, energy, and drive to solve problems and create repeatable and scalable solutions that have lasting impact
- Technical knowledge of healthcare provider applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects
- 5+ years of relevant experience in healthcare technology, including with widely-used health IT technologies such as Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
- Healthcare compliance and certification such as HIPAA and Hitrust
- Experience in building and deploying software systems that enable patient care
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.