Aerospace Systems sector is seeking an Milling Machine Machinist 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Palmdale, CA.
The Milling Machine Machinist sets up and operates plain or universal, horizontal, or vertical milling machines to perform machining operations such as compound angles and contours; boring compound angular holes; doing helical and spiral milling; serrating; and gear, spline, and keyway cutting to exacting tolerances. Selects, mounts, and aligns various specialized machine attachments and standard or improvised tooling; plans sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup; determines, sets, and adjusts speeds, feeds, and depth of cut; interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications; uses a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments; makes standard shop computations; and measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining. May also monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of experience with CNC programming and machining
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance and special program access as required.
- Must have the ability to lift 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to work 1st shift (5:00am – 3:30pm) or 2nd shift (4:12pm – 2:42am) and any work schedule, including overtime as necessary.
- Experience in MASTERCAM, NX, and Vericut Software
- Experience with CNC Lathes