Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Community Operations’ focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
The Process team within CO works on improving the support experience for different Facebook products – from content like videos and photos to communities like Groups and Pages. The team focuses on ideating, testing and implementing process improvements that enable us to prevent bad experiences for the Facebook community by efficiently reviewing these products at scale and ensuring the review is accurate and achieves the best outcome for the community. The Misinformation Process team drives these efforts in service of our overall Community Integrity objectives in close partnership with a large cross functional team. On this team, you will have the opportunity to directly protect the safety of the Facebook community by leading a team responsible for building protocol, strategies and operations to reduce the prevalence of misinformation on our platforms.
The Misinformation Data Analysts help protect the integrity of the Facebook Family of Apps by leveraging their strong data skills to analyze content, investigate trends that are leading to the viral spread of misinformation, and build a data driven case for action. You will work alongside Product Managers, UX Researchers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Project Managers to proactively identify and independently lead strategic projects geared towards reducing the spread of misinformation. Successful candidates for this role have strong data analytics and stats skills, are efficient critical thinkers and problem-solvers, are able to navigate ambiguity, communicate insights clearly to both executive and technical audiences, effectively team with others on shared projects, and are always looking for strategic opportunities to improve how systems and processes work.
- Engage in discussions to identify problems, quantify and improve the quality of workflows, and lead projects to execution
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with cross-functional partners to shape, support, and execute shared goals
- Conduct root-cause analysis on metrics movements that affect the operational performance of our systems
- Work with Project Managers to operationalize metrics and team goals to measure Facebook’s effectiveness at combating integrity issues
- Identify and share insights and learnings to develop scalable solutions
- Manage multiple different work flows and projects
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- The Misinformation Data Analyst role will work across the following areas: forensic data analysis, building data pipelines and dashboards, monitoring and establishing limits/alters on operational metrics, creating data-driven proposals for process and product changes
- 4+ years of industry experience in consumer-oriented product environment, consulting, analytics, or operations role
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- 2+ years experience in SQL or Python, R, C++
- Knowledge in statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Experience communicating the results of analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]