- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. In Prime Video we are focused on delivering world’s largest selection of digital video with the best possible immersive experience with deep insights, trivia, bonus content & relevant meta information. In this role, you will be engineering the next generation of applications that will deliver live sports, movies, series, seasons, and episodes to millions of customers across our ecosystem of client devices. Innovation is key on this team and we are looking for technically savvy individuals with the ability to think big & deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to lead architecture and development for Prime Video X-Ray experiences in the Prime Video App, native iOS / Android as well as Web technologies. This role is one of full ownership for features – from design to development & deployment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the future of X-Ray experience on Live Sports, Movies and TV Shows. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation & thinking big is encouraged.
In this role you will:
- Architect, design, develop and deploy new features for our iOS and Android apps, working with multiple back-end teams.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS and Android apps.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Actively collaborate with Product Managers and UX Designers to shape the user experience
- Work in an agile / scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
- Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for the mobile development team.
- Analyze and optimize applications to maximize speed and scale, factoring in mobile network latency and bandwidth constraints
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in iOS development in Swift or Objective-C
- Expertise in Android development in Kotlin or Java
- Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
- Expert working knowledge of design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of operating system fundamentals
- Working knowledge of REST service patterns and other client/server interaction models
- Relentless customer focus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Mastering Xamarin.Forms: App architecture techniques for building multi-platform, native mobile apps with Xamarin.Forms 4, 3rd Edition
New edition of the bestselling guide to building an effective mobile app architecture with Xamarin.Forms 4 that maximizes the overall quality of apps.
Updated for Xamarin.Forms 4
Packed with real-world scenarios and solutions to help you build professional grade mobile apps with Xamarin.Forms
Includes design patterns and best practice techniques that every mobile developer should know
Learn how to make mobile native app development easier. If your team frequently works with both iOS and Android—or plans to transition from one to the other—this hands-on guide shows you how to perform the most common development tasks in each platform. Want to learn how to make network connections in iOS? Or how to work with a database in Android? This book has you covered.
In the book’s first part, authors Shaun Lewis and Mike Dunn from O’Reilly’s mobile engineering group provide a list of common, platform-agnostic tasks. The second part helps you create a bare-bones app in each platform, using the techniques from part one.
Explore what Flutter has to offer, where it came from, and where it’s going. Mobile development is progressing at a fast rate and with Flutter – an open-source mobile application development SDK created by Google – you can develop applications for Android and iOS, as well as Google Fuchsia.Learn to create three apps (a personal information manager, a chat system, and a game project) that you can install on your mobile devices and use for real. You will begin by getting a solid foundation of Flutter knowledge, and building on it immediately by constructing two more traditional productivity apps.. You will also learn to create a game, enabling you to see a whole other perspective on what Flutter can do. In addition to building these apps, you’ll have the benefit of reviewing real-world issues you might encounter, along with ways to deal with them through tips and tricks, all designed to make your Flutter experience that much more productive and, frankly, fun!
This book gives the necessary elements, the base Flutter developer needs to know in order to write cross-platform mobile applications for Android and iOS in the Dart language. All this is presented in clear form, with practical examples, in the format of lessons, after mastering which you can call yourself a Flutter developer.