Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as a member of Facebook’s second line of defense supporting the monitoring and testing for Novi. This position will be responsible for planning and executing substantive testing on the design and effectiveness of internal controls in blockchain-based systems and evaluating results to determine if issues exist and improvement recommendations are necessary. Additionally, this position will report and escalate to the assigned manager any control issues and/or violations of laws or breaches of policy; and validate adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.The right candidate will demonstrate deep knowledge and experience in multiple disciplines, including consumer protection compliance, lending regulations, and payments regulations; monitoring and testing planning and execution; business process evaluation; and risk-based monitoring with a strong focus on continuous monitoring and scalability.This is a great opportunity to join a growing compliance and risk management team to work on novel issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform scheduled compliance assessments in a comprehensive and timely manner consistent with program standards and procedures
- Ensure work papers are maintained for assessments conducted
- Review policies, procedures, and processes for gaps and escalation to assigned manager
- Work with legal to stay updated on regulations impacting new and existing products
- Provide other support on other initiatives as needed
- 8+ years of experience in a compliance-related practice, including conducting monitoring and testing for controls and control systems
- Knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations
- Knowledge of control frameworks and experience designing and evaluating the effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes
- Knowledge of financial services, and other related financial regulations globally (e.g. payments regulations, lending regulations, consumer protection)
- Knowledge of monitoring and testing in blockchain-based systems
- Experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in financial services, technology, regulatory organization or consulting firm, or a combination thereof
- Analytical thinker with an outcome-based approach and with prioritization skills to deliver on time while juggling responsibilities
- Experience utilizing automation to enhance and scale operations
- Experience assisting with continually evolving a risk-based monitoring program with a focus on automation and scalability
- Interpersonal skills and a collaborative, team oriented approach to problem solving
- Experience providing practical advice under pressure and prioritizing work
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams to solve problems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]