- 3+ years of increasing responsibilities in and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience leading change in multiple site environments or a fulfillment center.
- BS/BA in environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
The Multi-Site WHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in our SSD logistic network to execute company policies and ensure to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and tools like Kaizen events, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates.
The Multi-Site WHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and data . The Multi-Site WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company policies and help develop effective leadership. The Multi-Site WHS Manager will assist and support the regional teams in incorporating our standards at their sites. The Multi-Site WHS Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company policies. The Multi-Site WHS Manager must understand systems, and possess excellent program and relevant , environmental and ergonomic knowledge while demonstrating this expertise when working with Operations.
Multi-Site WHS Manager Responsibilities:
- Be an effective manager and leader who is proactive and challenges the organization to continually improve processes and results without compromise.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure to all applicable Amazon Policies.
- the regions and sites’ performance against published requirements in policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Ensure record keeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and to support business initiatives.
- Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
- Analyze and review weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the risk is highest.
- Analyze Global Peer Review results and develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other facilities.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping practices and Global Database entries to ensure to global standards and local regulations.
- the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Spend time at the facilities and seek input from Associates and leaders on program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Work with both the operations team and the SSD WHS team to reduce injuries at the delivery stations.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required training.
- Review for effectiveness the deployed tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
- Partner with corporate and other regional field personnel to leverage global and environmental best practices into NA network standards
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.