- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Transportation from an accredited university.
- 5+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Logistics or Transportation.
Amazon is looking for an experienced North America Regional Line Haul Manager to own the transportation of IT assets across various programs. This is an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a founding member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges creating unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. This role will require working with business teams across the company and around the world to figure out supply chain solutions for new products/programs and existing operations.
- The primary function is to define and deliver global solutions that aid in the speed and scalability of OpsTech IT and our global operations partners.
- Responsible for managing assigned Linehaul operations, analyzing mainline and satellite operations to minimize Linehaul costs.
- Manages Linehaul schedules and plans in an effort to maximize capacity, minimize partial trailer loads and ensure service integrity for assigned areas.
- Manages Linehaul schedules and plans to maximize capacity, minimize partial trailer loads and ensure service integrity for specific areas.
- This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with business, operations, and tech stakeholders, while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist.
- The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
- Managing Logistics Specialists, shipping and receiving clerks at multiple Rapid Asset Deployment (RAD) locations.
- Lead, Educate, and Develop team members
- Daily communication with transportation providers and internal inventory stakeholders at Amazon.
- Managing the transportation of Amazon IT assets (both inbound and outbound) including international shipments
- Track/trace shipments to resolve issues that arise during transportation
- Working with the customs team to ensure proper documentation is followed on all shipments
- Providing proactive reporting to customers and key stakeholders
- Communicate with other team members concerning any alteration to the line-haul structure affecting their region
- Developing transportation plans for new projects that arise
- Innovating for step-change improvement in safety, quality, cost, and other Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics
- Collaborating with key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
- Executing strategic business objectives while working with key internal stakeholders to improve the supply chain with the latest internal and external information.
- Participating in Quarterly Business Review (QBR) and vendor score-carding to ensure adherence to cost and business objective
- Ownership of all results within your region.
- Analyze freight flow information and determine trends to make recommendations for improvements
- Develops annual strategic plans to support peak volume
- Engaging current transportation providers to strengthen the partnerships while identifying potential new provider.
This role will require domestic travel up to 30%.
- Advanced degree
- 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Logistics or Transportation.
- 10+ years in a Freight Less than TruckLoad (LTL) company managing freight flow across multiple regions
- Experience in Intermodal transportation
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment focused on innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated aptitude to influence teams outside of reporting structure.
- Proven talent to lead a team spread out over various locations.
- Excel and other Microsoft Office experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute methodically with attention to detail.
- Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasize “have fun”.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Skills to work independently with little oversight as well as in team settings.
- Ability to build out processes for operations.
- Must be detail oriented, able to react quickly, able to prioritize, and possess good interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.