- 1+ years of Narrative Design or equivalent school/work experience
- 1+ years Quest or Narrative design experience in MMO and RPG games
- Passion for video games
At Amazon, we believe that games and connected experiences are the future of entertainment. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for Narrative Designers to join our New World team at Amazon Games, Orange County. New World is an open world MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century. As a Narrative Designer you’ll be responsible for conceptualized, writing, and supporting implementation of lore, stories, quests, and characters in New World. You will work collaboratively with quest designers, world builders, character designers, and level designers to make memorable experiences. It will be a combination of your experience and an understanding of narrative fundamentals for MMO and RPG quest design that will define success. We are looking for individuals that are highly motivated and passionate for games.
In this role you will…
- Pitch and document ideas for new lore, quests, characters, and storylines in New World.
- Write quest dialogue, lore entries, and UI text for in-game content.
- Maintain internal documentation and lore.
- Create NPC characters and implement them in game.
- Own the narrative aspect of content design from concept to final implementation.
- Work within pipelines and process to ensure quality and scope are met and maintained
- Collaborate with quest designers, world & level design, and art to create the best overall player experience.
- Maintain a strong creative relationship between production, design, programming and art & UX teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear and compelling stories
- Experience developing characters and writing entertaining dialogue
- Proven understanding of game design fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to interact as part of a team
- Passion for dark fantasy and historical fiction
- Portfolio of work samples showcasing storytelling and writing skill in multiple formats and genres
- Familiarity with 3D world and level building tools (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity, etc…)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.